Glock non-slip grips

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    Looking to get non-slip grips for my g22. First priority is that they must be USPSA legal for production and limited. After doing some searching I've found a couple that sound like they do what I want. The first is "Agrip" and the second is a Hogue slip on grip.

Anybody use either of these? Or use something else that your extremely happy with. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Here is what I use:

ad7d96d1-4920-4d1e-803d-ec93eeeddc97_300.jpg

3M Safety Walk Rolls and Strips are ideal for helping prevent slips and falls. Safety Walk comes in a variety of sizes, colors, and materials. This outdoor tread tape is for long use in heavy traffic. Use for steps, ladders, skateboards or indoor ramps.

it's 2" wide and it comes in a roll that is 15' long. Guaranteed to last all season!

It's some tough **** also, DEFINITELY not gonna slip in your hand, just ask those that have tried my gun.

you can buy it http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xr5/R-100132176/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Turn Key

Stuck up North
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    +1 for skateboard tape

I like nicatine's 3M tape idea but that's some really tough stuff.

If you have a skateboard or bike shop around your home, stop in and ask for a small piece of 'skateboard tape'. Skateborad tape can also be had on amazon.com for a 12" x 2' piece for about $6.00, which would last a single shooter a life time. I know, I bought a sheet...

If you go with the Hogue grip, a trick installing it is to use a small shot of women's (or men's, I won't tell :p) Hair Spray.
    The spray allows for a quick slip on of this grip and then adds a little sticky to hold it in place. This will not hurt the polymer of the pistol.

TK

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I was looking for some to test out if it would be ok.. I loved it, I got mine from academy and a few bucks will do prolly 10 or 15 pistols..

One draw back, is I carry in the small of my back, straight up and down.. and it carved a nice little shiny patch on my back.. no hair and no first layer of skin after a day.

I took it off..

pmac81

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Gonzales
    Got a Glock 22 RTF from JBP55, that thing wont slip even if you wanted it to, I have Hogue grips on my G19, but they do tend to feel a little slippery when they get wet

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    Eric's 'grips' are the shiznit. The Agrips are a little to 'velvet Elvis' for me and they stink when you carry them a lot. The grip condoms suck. They fatten the circumference way to much and they wiggle & shift, inhibiting consistency in grip.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Curtis beat me to the punch ;D
    If you decide to make your own, 3M safety tread tape is the only way to fly. Very wear resistant and it's the only glue that won't shift once you stick it on. Make yourself a templet from thick paper and warm the grip tape with a hair dryer to give it a little flexibility and soften the glue for installation.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    Looking to get non-slip grips for my g22. First priority is that they must be USPSA legal for production and limited. After doing some searching I've found a couple that sound like they do what I want. The first is "Agrip" and the second is a Hogue slip on grip.

Anybody use either of these? Or use something else that your extremely happy with. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have A-Grip on my duty weapon. I have also used the pre cut "skateboard" tape. I LOVE the A Grip the sweater or wetter your hands get the better the grip. it's not too big once on, like houge grips are.

40caloldtimer

I can hit the orange.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    Burnside, LA
    I like nicatine's 3M tape idea but that's some really tough stuff.

If you have a skateboard or bike shop around your home, stop in and ask for a small piece of 'skateboard tape'. Skateborad tape can also be had on amazon.com for a 12" x 2' piece for about $6.00, which would last a single shooter a life time. I know, I bought a sheet...

If you go with the Hogue grip, a trick installing it is to use a small shot of women's (or men's, I won't tell :p) Hair Spray.
    The spray allows for a quick slip on of this grip and then adds a little sticky to hold it in place. This will not hurt the polymer of the pistol.

TK

One Drop of Rem Oil slides on like something that slides on something good:rofl:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Pure trailer park here BUT

I use a piece of bicycle inner tube...try dat

It adds no size and mostly not visible and gets sticky when wet

Like it better than wut Ive tried b4

Top Bottom