Glock Recoil Buffer - Thoughts/Opinions?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Useless.

ETA:

I wanted to leave it at that, but I should explain my opinion I suppose.

These sort of things have been used for a long time in 1911's with alloy and aluminum frames to keep the gun from cannibalizing itself from the force of the steel slide hitting the softer metal of the frame.

For that intended purpose, I suppose they work ok. Eventually they get chewed up and have to be replaced after so many rounds.

I would NEVER have one in a carry or SD gun as it could cause a jam at the the worst time.

Maybe I just think people are pussies. I've never had a gun that I shot that I felt I needed a gimmick like this in order to shoot it or shoot it well. People are always complaining about recoil.

There are only two handguns that I have shot in the past few years that I felt the recoil was excessive. One was a .44 Mag and its SUPPOSED to recoil like that and the other is a PF-9 and thats because of it's light weight.

If you're too much of a puss to shoot a real gun, or you're a woman, for God's sake get a .25 or a .380 or something.

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Lol, I hear ya. Its not that I can't handle the recoil or that I NEED the recoil reduction, it was more of a curiosity thing from me seeing the "recoil reduction"claim in the description. Your opinion is appreciated.:thumbup:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Thanks. I figured it was probably junk because I had never heard of anyone using it, but at $10, I figured IF it did everything it is claimed to do without any effect on the performance and reliability of the gun, it would be worth trying just for the hell of it. So, I think my question has been answered and this is just another useless piece of junk that is marketed toward people that want to fix a problem that doesn't really exist in the first place (recoil). As far as the reduced wear on the gun, the targeted market crowd would most likely not shoot the gun enough to cause any excessive wear regardless if they use the buffer or not.

Top Bottom