Glock sight help

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Had new sight's installed on my 17 and 19. Before with standard OEM Glock sights I was on the money. Now I am grouped well but left of center mass. Is it possible that they slid the sight's a little far left? Should I take them back and have them drifted back to the right a little? I am left with both guns so give me your expert opinion.

TecheTitan

You suck & HK hates you
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    I probably will not be the first to say or mention it, but are you sure it's the sights and not you? How much did you shoot to verify it is off? Did you try a supported shooting position or let anyone else shoot the guns?

Once verified, you can drift the sights as needed, just be sure that it actually is the car and not the driver!

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I fired about 75 rounds per gun. There was also someone else there and they fired a mag full through each gun as well. It was the same. We were shooting at 25yds. I did try supported the best I could with the stuff I had on hand.

I would say we were hitting at about the outside edge of the 8 ring bordering the 7 ring.

The new sights are Ameriglo Hack GL-433. The ones with an all black rear sight and orange front sight post.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    They make Bullseye targets in different sizes. For a 5" Bullseye move the rear sight on the G19 .022 right and .024 right on the G17 and you will be very close.
    I run the same sights on several pistols. That front sight covers almost half of that dot at 25 yards, it is designed for defensive shooting rather than precision shooting.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom