Glock Slide for Arthritic Hands

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    yeah its pretty common, but its very very easy with practice and a good belt. i'd highly recommend to anyone without the physical strength to rack traditionally.

hand all good now. riding motorcycles, hitting the weights, and yes- racking slides, apparently we have surplus fingers at birth. :P

Last edited:

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    yeah its pretty common, but its very very easy with practice and a good belt. i'd highly recommend to anyone without the physical strength to rack traditionally.

hand all good now. riding motorcycles, hitting the weights, and yes- racking slides, apparently we have surplus fingers at birth. :P

Part of what I train to the officers is one handed racking technique. We use the rear sight mainly and have used the belt, holster, back of a shoe and boot, forearm and thigh to charge the weapon. All part of our down and disabled officer drill. STAY in the fight! ;) I am glad you have overcome the "hamstring" you obtained overseas rabbit!

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    thanks man. ive seen a few different methods (never forearm or boot though...) and belt seemed easiest for me. interested in the boot method, i'll look that up.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Belt, Holster, Pocket, Thigh, Hip, Bottom of Boot/Shoe. Racking the slide on the thigh is quicker and easier than some of the others but not recommended if you are wearing shorts.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    thanks man. ive seen a few different methods (never forearm or boot though...) and belt seemed easiest for me. interested in the boot method, i'll look that up.

It is quick and easy for healthy athletic people but more difficult for the elderly/disabled. If you can easily lift your leg and draw from a ankle holster you can probably use the boot method.
    If you have to bend over to draw from a ankle holster you would have to do the same to rack the slide on your boot. I fit in catagory two so I am more comfortable racking the slide closer to the holster.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    okay, im a believer. boot works fantastic. I've got plenty of strength to rack normally now, but wish I had known about this lil trick once upon a time.

I've got to say the charging handle seems like a fantastic way to go for a shooter with a weak grip in 1 hand... will probably pick one up for moms gun.

bigsk

Iconoclast
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hatfield Gunsmithing has a neat slide racker for Glocks called a Tactical Racker.
    The Hatfield Racker is machined from billet aluminum and anodized for a tough finish. Available in Black, Silver, Blue, & Red.
    For 9mm/.40/.357

http://hatfieldsgunsmithing.com/Tactical_Racker.html[/URL]

Top Bottom