Glock slide pull ring

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with after market pull rings for glock slides? I'm looking for a way to help someone rack the slide on a gen 4 g19. Replacing the g19 with something else is not an option right now. It may never be. I've seen one like the one in the picture below and one that clamps on the slide and uses the outside serrations. I've also seen a pull with a handle. I'm not keen on the version that replaces the cover although it's really only because it's putting pressure on a part in a way it wasn't meant for. I don't have anything to back up my worry and I'm sure the parts can handle it.

Slide-Pull-Charging-Handle_main-02.jpg

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Could their biomechanics of manipulation be improved. I have taught more than one post carpal tunnel surgery patients how to rack the slide by working close into their chest, where power is made, and pushing the gun outwards while holding the slide in place near the chest. It was a big improvement from the traditional.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Get some good sights like Trijicon hd, ect and can rack them on belt, shoe, table, ect in a hasty situation and save from possibly having somthing extra in a gun to break or get hung up during a situation…

But that would prob work good for a range gun for sure if you are having gripping/hand issues, the same thing is very popular on the Ruger 22/45 series of pistols

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Get some good sights like Trijicon hd, ect and can rack them on belt, shoe, table, ect in a hasty situation and save from possibly having somthing extra in a gun to break or get hung up during a situation…

But that would prob work good for a range gun for sure if you are having gripping/hand issues, the same thing is very popular on the Ruger 22/45 series of pistols

While it's possible for the loop to get hung up on something, that design seems much less likely than the charging handles that stick out. It's for an older woman who has recently become a widow. She's on a fixed income and cannot readily go out any purchase something new. At this point, her choices are the g19, a 1911, and a kel-tec pmr30. She is familiar with pistols but simply lacks the grip to overcome the spring in the g19. The use case would primarily be home defense.

bigsk

Iconoclast
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    There are numerous companies that make slide rackers that replace the rear back plate. Ambidextrous and single side are available.

NDZ, Tango Down Vickers, Springer Precision, Chamber Max TA-1, etc. Recover Tactical makes one that is kind of large.

I put one on a G19 for my daughter when she started shooting. Worked well for her until here grip strength and technique improved.

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    I have seen one of the 3d printed plate replacement slide assist devices fail. Some one may make an alloy device less prone to split.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have seen one of the 3d printed plate replacement slide assist devices fail. Some one may make an alloy device less prone to split.

I 3d print stuff for my holiday light shows (lights synced to music) and I know how durable they are. I wouldn't trust a 3d printed part for something like this.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Might be better to post one up on here for her and trade it for say little 5 shot revolver like a Ruger… would be a lot easier to handle and manipulate
    If she doesn't have the ability to rack the slide stay away from the LCR 22LR. It has an anti AD trigger.

bigsk

Iconoclast
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Look for the ones that are stainless steel reinforced injection molded glass & nylon or those machined from anodize 6061 - T6 Aluminium with 20 RC hardness.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Top Bottom