Glock vs FNX input

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bera

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I am looking to acquire either a Glock or an FNX.
    This gun will probably spend most of its life at the range or in my truck when I am going through some place I do not feel safe.
    Which would you recommend in terms of:

Accuracy
    Dependability
    Durability (for example: do not dry fire a CZ-52)
    Resistance to corrosion

Any particular pros and cons you know of when comparing the two. Caliber will probably be 40.

Thank you,
    Bera

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Hmm I have a glock 41,21,30s,35,22,23,27, and no fnx, I hope this helps

Use a glock 23 primarily as my edc concealed carry perfect size, swapping it out with the 27 and 30s, use the glock 41,35,21,22 when I am running hoop nets, crawfishing, hunting, you can't go wrong with a glock, I do not know any pros or cons about the fnx

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    I am looking to acquire either a Glock or an FNX.
    This gun will probably spend most of its life at the range or in my truck when I am going through some place I do not feel safe.
    Which would you recommend in terms of:

Accuracy
    Dependability
    Durability (for example: do not dry fire a CZ-52)
    Resistance to corrosion

Any particular pros and cons you know of when comparing the two. Caliber will probably be 40.

Thank you,
    Bera

I put them on equal playing fields in terms of all the above. If I wasn't already invested in so much gear for the glock, I would own an FNX.

I think that the FNX is one of the most overlooked pistol on the market.

FN has been in the business of building quality firearms for themselves and guys like Browning and Winchester.

I think whichever way you go you will be very happy.

***edit***
    I prefer the fns

Last edited:

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    I have an FNX Tactical 45. I love the guy . I have never been able to shoot a Glock very well. The FNX feels like a 1911. Not a Glock basher but the FN guns are really underated.

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    I absolutely love my FNX tac-45. Extremely accurate, 15rnds of .45acp, works perfectly with suppressor, and removable plate for optics (so no drilling).

Your choice just basically boils down to hammer vs. striker.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    The one FN I shot had one of the heaviest triggers I've ever felt. (minus one of the Smith Smegmas) I'm sure some trigger work can be done to it though.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I also own a fnx 45 and absolutely love it. It is scary accurate, low recoil,high capacity and love the ergonomics.

I saw approximately 60,000 pistol rounds go down range in the past two weeks and none of the pistols were scary accurate. Scary accurate to me would be something like a Wilson 1911 shooting 1" groups at 25 yards.

sphill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Leesville, LA
    I can speak from first hand experience dealing with both companies CS. Glock's CS is LIGHT YEARS ahead of FN. They had a FNX that was getting light primer strikes for three months before I got it back. Needless to say, that gun is long gone.

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    Personal preference. Fn has a hammer, safety, & a decocker. I have both,
    I prefer the fn over my glock's. Neither has really failed on me

jquinnett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Bossier City, LA
    I had a FNX 9 and while a nice gun; felt good, looked great, etc...I could not hit anything with it...sent it back and was told need to learn to shoot it...FN CS is not impressive. Also no parts, holsters, so no for the FN. Now in defense I had shot a friends FNX 45 and loved it..dead on accurate, FN 45 seems to be the one to get if going FN. I have lots of Glocks (bedside is G23, carry G26 or G19) G19 is what I woulds say is the best handgun for SD. Glocks are easier to repair, find parts for (and parts are cheap), holsters, everything for a Glock.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I have fired an FNX, my nephew has one. It's nice. In the Corps, I've fired several FN built weapons, and have confidence that they build a quality product.

I would suggest firing both if you can, and pick whichever is more comfortable for you. I don't believe that reliability, or parts will be an issue either way.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I had a FN 45, it was an unreliable pistol plagued by feeding issues. The trigger on a glock is much better an easier to learn on. The safety is unnecessary. It is harder to find parts and accessories for the FN. I don't know of a catagory where the FN is better than the Glock, other than maybe the factory sights.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom