GM is Bring Back 1970 SS Style Chevelle in 2024.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    As much as I love Chevelle's I'm not really a fan of this car, front end Nope, rear end OK. Convertible, Hell no.

Attachments

• NKSY.jpg
      NKSY.jpg
      172.4 KB · Views: 47

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    First Muscle car I ever knew. My dad bought a new ‘70 with the 396/4 speed, silver with black stripes. I was only 6, but I was instantly the coolest kid in Village St George. Over that same 6 year stretch I got to feel the thrill of some iconic muscle cars owned by friends and family. AMC Javelin, Ford Mach and GT 500, Ford Pantera, as well as other various Mopars. We even had a little Sunbeam with an American V8 that Bob Mooberry (Shock Theater mad scientist, Channel 33) gave to my dad. By the Bicentennial, I was racing motocross and my speed demon had fully spawned.
    I think it’s cool that these American car companies try to rekindle that old flame, but that’s an era that will never be duplicated.

BluewaterLa

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Slidell La
    It definitely looks like the camero platform just like the folks who bought Pontiac trans am
    They take a camero and strip the front and rear caps off to put on their own parts to make it look like a new version of the trans am. Also they change out some interior as well.
    I think they look great but its still a camero.
    Not a huge fan of the Chevelle in the news article, Don't like convertibles so maybe just maybe it will look better without that. Big maybe.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    While I kinda like the new Camero body, I drove one and hated it. As a person of sufficient age to drive them (muscle cars) when they were still new enough/low mileage to really enjoy the crap out of them, nothing these days compares to them.
    I've owned a 68 SS/RS Big Block camero that made it into Super Chevy magazine when me and my brother raced it, 75 Monza with 350 V-8 and my beloved 71 Chevelle Malibu, started out as a small block street car/hotrod and evolved into a Big Block drag car. I love working on old muscle cars.

jneubig

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Houma
    It's not a GM manufactured car. These have been around for a couple years now. Saw one at SEMA last year. It is manufactured by TransAm Worldwide and is built on a Camaro chassis. Not sure what they are going to be using now that the Camaro has been discontinued.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    As much as I love Chevelle's I'm not really a fan of this car, front end Nope, rear end OK. Convertible, Hell no.
    That's not a Chevelle ...
    My daily driver for 47 years was a 1968 Chevelle ...
    I was a member of the Chevelle Owners Association and know what they look like !

Looks like a Camero .
    Count the headlights .
    Gary

Top Bottom