God I hate a f&@%in thief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    :mad:

Ok, so if my week wasn't going bad enough!!!! Yesterday, my wife was rushed into emergency surgery for an infection in her jaw and throat. This required an overnight stay at OLOL off Essen. Well when I arrive home I decided to mow my back yard just before I went to work work the PM shift. I open my shed to find that some great member of society was in such a desperate need to mow his grass, he decided to "borrow" my mower and gas can. I guess he thought he may have some mechanical problems so he felt the need to borrow the majority of my tools as well. Guess he wanted to work on the local church van once he finished mowing the grass. :mad:

Anyways, I thought there might be a chance with all his charity work that he may not find the time to bring back my stuff. Lucky for him the fine folks with the Livingston Parish Sheriffs Office said they would be more than happy to look into the matter. They even offered to give this fine young person a free nights stay at Willie Graves' Bed and Breakfast.

I don't know how much luck the SO will have but in the rare case this individual would happen to see this thread I so wanted to thank him for borrowing my stuff. His actions got my wife so upset that she forgot all about her surgery as well as the aftercare instructions on how she is suppose to take it easy the next few days. I mean, Hell what do those doctors and surgeons know anyways?

Rant off

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Hey Adam

Hope the wife is OK If I can be of help please give me a call!

I hope the lawnmower situation improves and they catch the person and have them cut and manacure your lawn!

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Often I hear about cases like this. Home burglaries while someone is in the hospital or for a funeral should have a special penalty. I have to wonder about the admitting staff. I know they don't make big bucks. They know the home is going to be empty.
    This is one of those times when I'm tempted to start that 'Rent-a-Rottweiler' business. The hungry Rotts with the voice box removed...

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I had someone "Borrow" my compressor, nail gun, and two sanders... totaling around a $150 investment. I am glad they were stupid enough not to take my Honda mower and Husky trimmer, not to mention the 5 Jerry cans full of gas, it would have been well over $1k if they would have got the good stuff. I guess the small stuff was easier to move. I know have a much better locking door knob, not to mention I added a donut lock to the door.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement. I'm severely pissed but I am thankful it wasn't worse. I'm thankful my wife came thru the surgery ok especially considering all her other health problems. I'm thankful they stole a $100 pushmower instead of breaking into my home. I'm also thankful they did this when noone was at home rather than a day I was at work and my wife was there by herself. Any of you that have met my wife know it was probably best for the thief that she wasn't there as well. My wife is a natural Irish redhead. Nuff said.

I am hoping that karma comes around and they use my stolen gascan to fill their car. Instead of taking the can for my mower they took the one for my weedeater. Nothing better for a car's engine than a 50-50 mixture of gas and oil.

I need to get my mind on happier things. I think I will go read the thread about Speedracer and the raccoon. That always puts me in a good mood.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    Prayers sent, for your boss lady.
    You're welcome to bring your grass over to my house, and use my mower...:D

Hopefully your week will be better, and the guy will back the church van up in your driveway, and unload everything he borrowed...

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    I've had my vehicle burglarized twice before, once my Camaro at the mall which was the worst, they stole one of the two fishing poles that I had which had belonged to my deceased father. They got my stereo which worked but the two amps they took actually didn't work anymore, they got my checkbook but never used it that I was ever made aware of, my eyeglasses, I guess because they were in a leather-looking case, but thankfully didn't dig beneath the two pieces of paper under the checkbook and find the pistol I had there. The other time was in Austin while on vacation, they shattered the rear glass of our Pilot and took a $30 road safety kit. What p!sses me off the most is that they seem to do it just to do it, taking any random sh!t that they can grab. My eyeglasses? A cheap fishing pole? A road safety kit? The resulting aggravation, such as window replacement while out of town already blowing loads of money on vacation, cancelling checks and waiting on new ones, going back to the optometrist, all for sh!t that does them no good and likely results in no money back to them, probably ending up just getting tossed in a dumpster somewhere. Fu@king fu@kers!

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Often I hear about cases like this. Home burglaries while someone is in the hospital or for a funeral should have a special penalty. I have to wonder about the admitting staff. I know they don't make big bucks. They know the home is going to be empty.
    This is one of those times when I'm tempted to start that 'Rent-a-Rottweiler' business. The hungry Rotts with the voice box removed...

Seek help at once, you are thinking like me.

I am sayin that in the day we could see each others motovations ...mass murder will occurr

or , well, just to say people are liable to do anything for any reason

and thats what I'm told the def of paranoid is. worrying about how much of my **** the othr guy is gonna steal

Must be time for another session with Dr Miller

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I sure hope they get what's coming to them- and somehow get what they deserve. :curse:

I group thieves right down there with the lowest of the low. :mad:

In many cases, the theft of a man's tools is the theft of his very livelihood- his immediate ability to earn a living. I'm of the opinion that thieves get off far too lightly, the dirty bastards.....:mad::mad:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom