Going to be a dad.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    My twin girls are two, and though it was hard (especially for wife since i'm gone most of the time, and our sons only a year older), I thank god all the time because it's never a dull moment. Congrats and enjoy!

calcagno45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Gramercy, LA
    Congrats! Spend as much time with the misses now because that will come at a premium later. Enjoy those ultrasounds too, man those ultrasounds and hearing the heartbeat just brought me to tears every time.

Start buying diapers NOW. most people buy way too many accessories and unneeded items. Stay away from the "gimmicky" items. Money may be tight having two.

Solid advice here. We wasted more money on "gimmicky" that i probably could have bought 4 cases of diapers with and actually used them. Best baby shower gifts are

Please do not find out the sex if at all possible. It's the one ( well 2 ) REAL surprise you will have in life !

I tried this too but got over ruled as everything needs to be monogrammed these days...

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Congrats.

+1 to all the post above.
    Except Vince, find out the sex because returning stuff takes time, and you won't have any.

- - - Updated - - -

Why didn't they have this when my boys were little?

Congrats, brother!

Jan, over at Javran gear, made a prototype diaper duty bag. If/When I ever have children, I'd buy one in a hearbeat! It has insulated bottle storage, diaper/magazine carriers, and a baby changing mat! :rofl:

11203119_1054089944619882_3210841222783142511_n.jpg
    10421209_1054089947953215_4083872876179928571_n.jpg

10653762_1054093907952819_8329685260873359488_n.jpg
    17089_1054090094619867_8465304500461697291_n.jpg

TecheTitan

You suck & HK hates you
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    Congrats! It's already been mentioned, but they sure do grow up fast, so take the time and enjoy the simple things with them, and even the not so simple things! :dogkeke:
    Your body will eventually adjust to the constant lack of sleep too!

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Please do not find out the sex if at all possible. It's the one ( well 2 ) REAL surprise you will have in life !

X1000.

Once they are here it won't make a difference. You can't retrun them anyway. LOL.

Both of my kids are grown and out of the house. Keep them yours close as they grow up so fast, don't miss a day if you can. Be involved, invest the time it takes and you will reap many rewards in the future. Take care of your wife, don't forget about her, this is a team effort. One person cannot do it all.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Thanks for all the helpful advice so far guys!

Dave_M - How did I know you would would know of something like that lol? I'm going to check them out today when I get off. Would you know of anyone that could add molle webbing to something? We picked up something I could proabably attach to my edc bag that this might work on.

Also we are doing a reveal party towards the end of the month (this is new to me never heard of one until I was having one) was going to paint the room and we couldn't pick a color so we choose primer for the time being lol. I am hoping for one of each and if it is 2 girls I will be buying stock in mace and ammo....

We haven't been doing a whole lot since it has been hot out but, we are both due for a vacation. I did tactifully move close to my mother-in-law a couple years ago with "help" in mind lol. She also owns a daycare so that will be rather helpful too I hope.

We have been talking about how we will be managing them and trying to make a plan for when they get here and stick to it. For instance if one wakes up because they are hungry we will be feeding the other at the same time that sort of thing.

Keep the advice coming!

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Jan might actually be able to help you with adding the webbing, but I can't think of anyone locally. I bought some mil-spec webbing a few weeks ago, to modify my Mystery Ranch bag, and I have yet to find anyone that can sew the ends. Double thickness webbing can't be sewn with a simple machine, and hand stitching takes forever. If you want a quick detach style attachment, rather than PALS webbing, I might have a solution for you.

I just added a Milspec Monkey Tac Organizer pouch to the inside of my Mystery Ranch ASAP, and it organized all of my daily EDC type crap (other than my IFAK). The MSM/Tactical Tailor gear is good to go.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Congrats man!

Sleep now while you can.
    Diaper Genie.
    Keep momma happy!

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

fng

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    Start buying diapers NOW. most people buy way too many accessories and unneeded items. Stay away from the "gimmicky" items. Money may be tight having two. NEVER LET THEM GET USED TO SLEEPING IN YOUR BED. When it's time for them to go to bed, let them cry. They will eventually fall asleep.

Congrats!! and the above statement is about some of the best advice you can get... stay on the Mrs. about eating right taking vitamins, drinking enough water rest, etc. Doing little things to child-proof your home, etc. now will help you out, give you a head start for later as you will not have time for anything at first...get ready for massive change!!

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Get a real baby swing. Not one of those fancy high dollar MamaRoo or RockaRoos. My wife bought one as did several friends who had babies, and every single one of the babies hated the damn things.

Don't skimp on the stroller, especially if y'all are out and about regularly..... And ditto to the "one on top of the other" dual stroller as opposed to the side by side. We have the Britax B-ready. It works great for 2 kids and isn't cumbersome to navigate through stores and what not.

Also don't skimp on the car seats. Research, research, research the best safety ratings. You and your wife may be good drivers, but there are a ton of horrible drivers out there. Make sure those babies are well protected in the event of an emergency.

Coupons are your friend. Don't feel like a cheap ass to save them and whip them out on baby stuff. If your wife is like mine, she will be a master at finding sales on everything from clothes to formula.

Clothes - Outlet malls, online sales, and end of month Dillard's sales have helped us out tremendously. My son has a closet full of under Armor and Polo that we get for maybe a hair more than buying Wal-Mart and other cheaper clothing.

Don't be fooled by the "Push Present" BS. Tell her she's carrying her presents! I got had on that one.

Hopefully your wife breastfeeds. Kids wake up hungry at night, there's nothing you can do so stay sleeping! :rofl: (Kind of joking.... Kind of not.)

Involve them with your hobbies early and hopefully they'll enjoy hanging with Dad doing those activities when they're a little older.

Not sure how she'll feel carrying twins, but with both of my wife's pregnancies things got fun in the bedroom around 6 or 7 months!

Last edited:

mxracer72

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2014
    Addis, LA
    Congrats! Sleep now, shoot now, and prep the boss that you aren't going to work as much overtime when the kids come out. Your wife if going to need the help!

I found that a medium sized CamelBack with the bladder removed works well for baby stuff. Definitely get your own kit, because your wife will likely be changing stuff in and out and you want to be able to have a go-bag ready to rock. Just my .02.

mxracer72

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2014
    Addis, LA
    Also I think something that came out of ObamaCare is that breast milk pumps are free. Go ahead and take advantage of that now, just in the event your wife decides at 8:50pm on a Friday that a pump is necessary (ask me how I know lol). It's worth asking your insurance company. When I got mine, we had to buy it from a brick-and-mortar store...no online whatsoever. Not even Target.com.

Like I said, I don't know/care what your intentions are in terms of feeding, but its good to have another option ready to go.

(Despite my overall feelings on Obamacare, I like to think the free pump makes fiscal sense because it lowers overall healthcare costs by having kids drink mom's milk)

Top Bottom