GONE Custom built Petnium 3

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I've tried to sell this for a while for $30 with the monitor in the other thread. Didn't even have any bites at the Ham Fest in Slidell last spring. It's a custom built Pentium III with I think a 40GB hard drive, space for more, two 3.5" floppys and two Jazz drives and I dumped a butt load of Jazz disks in the bottom of the case. It's a FULL size Chieftec full tower case and right now contains a fresh install of Ubuntu 8. My mom used it for several weeks when her Windows box blew up. She used Office, email and the Web without even blinking an eye. So if you have a simplistic user that has no proprietary applications that are married to M$ this is the OS. Ubuntu 8 is the first Linux Distro that in most opinions is easy and complete enough to actually replace Windows without a hassle. It would be great for a kid to do email or Club Penguin. Someone come get it before I put it on the street.

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    so...how does the os work?

is it reliable?

do you have to type a crap load of command prompts to run programs? I heard linux is complicated to use

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    No, reread my post twice. There are no command prompts. It takes the place of Windows off the line and my mom used it for 3 weeks....

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom