Good encounter with NOPD, albeit kinda funny...and sad

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    On a side note, I had another good encounter tonight (seems to be a lot of "encounters" for me lately). Was pulled over for burnt out license plate bulb. I didn't inform the officer in any way about my pistol as it was in my console, and I was not asked. He went to his car to run my license, came back to my window and asked "You carry a gun?". "Yes sir." I thought I was in for another fun encounter.

But all he did was smile and say "Cool. We appreciate that. Have a good night." :cool:

That is freaking awesome!

See...that is a good cop, I knew they were still around! :)

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Many years ago , in my LEO days , we went to a house where a family fight was going on and a gun was involved . A couple of Detectives beat us there ,they had heard the dispatcher mention the gun . We were all standing in the living room and a female Detective asked one of the family members to tell her where the gun was located . " It's under the chair cushion " .
    The Detective reached under the cushion and pulled out a single action RUGER pistol . Yeah , you know what came next . :D After watching her fumble with that pistol trying to open the cyclinder for a couple of minutes , I told her to let me do it . She was shocked when I started dropping rounds out of the loading gate . :o

WhiteRabbit22

US Navy, Belle Chasse LA.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2008
    Marrero LA.
    I can understand why the cop stopped you. my father is a cop, and actually had to draw on two teenagers that were playing with a replica BB gun. No orange muzzle. They complied and everything went fine, but to think of what could have happened... horrible.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    this thread should be locked due to lack of cop bashing. i feel like we are not getting the whole story, i mean come on! he must have done -something- wrong.

OK then
    Wrong was disarming the guy when he could have much easier looked at the permit and found no need to disarm. What I'm seein here that would have been much safer.

If you don't know how the hell it works don't eff with it. Specially if 1000 ft per second rocks come out of the end if U screw up

The guy has permit and is not comitting a crime why the hell you want to disarm ??

Five O needs to calm down on the disarm bit, thats so much chest beatin to me.

There hows that for cop bashin ?? 2 honest ??

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    OK then
    Wrong was disarming the guy when he could have much easier looked at the permit and found no need to disarm. What I'm seein here that would have been much safer.

If you don't know how the hell it works don't eff with it. Specially if 1000 ft per second rocks come out of the end if U screw up

The guy has permit and is not comitting a crime why the hell you want to disarm ??

Five O needs to calm down on the disarm bit, thats so much chest beatin to me.

There hows that for cop bashin ?? 2 honest ??

YOU FAIL!!

Slows' post was much more along the lines of a cop bashing participant on this board. I suggest you lurk more.

OR BUY THIS FOR 19.99

cliffsnotesfo5.jpg

Last edited:

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    YOU FAIL!!

Slows' post was much more along the lines of cop bashing participant on this board. I suggest you lurk more.

OR BUY THIS FOR 19.99 Paypal LINK

cliffsnotesfo5.jpg

I'm scared to click on the link to see what it is. On another forum some sorry SOB had a meat spin on the other side of one of his links. Do yourself a favor and don't google meat spin.

So what is on the other side of the link?

WILDCATT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    MANNING SC
    no bashing from me

H&R revolvers in 32 will shoot 32acp as they have a slight rim. I use them all the time in my S&W.I first saw this use in an Iver Johnson.:D

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    It's funny I used to get harassed by the cops all the time when I was younger. Smoking dope in a parked car at the playground after dark. Smoking dope in a parked car on the levee after dark. Smoking dope out at the airport on the runway after dark. Smoking dope in the French Quarter ... oh yeah - no one bothered me for that one. It always ticked me off, because the cop never had a reason to stop me in the first place - except I was 18 and probably up to no good.

These days I have a house in old Metry, and I was talking to a Jefferson Parish cop, and the JP told me to call in anyone who I didn't recognize walking in my neighborhood, and I thought, "I really love how thorough these guys are.", then I thought about my salad days, and the way the cops treated me. Somehow it makes more sense now.

Top Bottom