good hunting rifle?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I saw your post in the rifle pic thread, very nice! whatd it take to convert it into a pistol grip model? How much work involved?

Dude, sorry I missed this post somehow. Just found it.

I had to do a little more work than some because mine did not have a hole cut for the pistol grip nut. Most of the 7.62 Saigas have those already cut in them. Other than that, it was a little work drilling out a few rivets and a little work with a dremmel. It did take me longer to get the new trigger, hammer and disconnector in (you have to play the 922r parts game to stay legal) because I am new to any kind of gunsmithing at all. Before doing this, I had never seen the inside of any rifle before, but after reading up, I was able to figure everything out. I mainly followed this guide:http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/

But if I can do it, anyone can, I'm not exactly a rocket scientist.

I spent alot more than you really need to. For all that furniture, mags and the FCG, I spent around $250. But all you really need to do the conversion is a pistol grip and the FCG. You can get everything you need from Tapco. That's where all my stuff came from. BE ADVISED, DO NOT VISIT TAPCO IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM CONTROLLING YOURSELF AROUND SKS AND AK UPGRADES. That whole site is addictive.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    thanks for the info, I think after I get my AR, an AK might be next on the list, I'd like to have as close to the real deal as I can get without breaking the bank, I hear some of the knock-offs arent as up to par as the original

TowTruck

Jared
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Denham Springs
    I like my .17cal with a good red light....I mean, see what had happened was....

30-06 is my personal preference. I've got 2k in my newest one but its not finished yet.

lucky13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2007
    Lacombe, La.
    Spanky, I'll make you a good deal on a pretty Browning A-Bolt, .25-06, 24" barrel, New Hunter Model with satin finish stock (pretty wood), satin blue, with leupold bases, shot about 125-150 rounds. Just clearing out the safe alittle bit. Going new price on them is $599.00, I'll let this one go for $500.00 firm. It'll save ya $100.00 + tax, Send me a PM if your interested.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Spanky, I'll make you a good deal on a pretty Browning A-Bolt, .25-06, 24" barrel, New Hunter Model with satin finish stock (pretty wood), satin blue, with leupold bases, shot about 125-150 rounds. Just clearing out the safe alittle bit. Going new price on them is $599.00, I'll let this one go for $500.00 firm. It'll save ya $100.00 + tax, Send me a PM if your interested.

I bought a Savage 110 30'06 last year and used it for the season. Sold it this year and bought a Savage 10FP in .308. Maybe I'll have some luck with it. :D

Put your Browing in the Classifieds, I'm sure it'll go quick. :bigok:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom