Good snake gun?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I shot a fair sized Copperhead one night with .22 Snakeshot . I was maybe 7-8 feet away . It did not do the job . I killed it with my .38 spcl .

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    flamethrower-998x672.jpg

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I have to agree, why we feel a need to kill snakes. I sure dont feel like dealing with field mise and rats!

Exactly why I don’t kill non-poisonous snakes. The ones I do kill are limited to my place, mainly because I don’t want to cross paths with them again nor do I want the vet bill when the dogs find them.

hunt4570

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2013
    I have 100 acres with lots of water, and hence lots of water moccasins. I always carry my PMR 30 with me, normal 22 mag 40 gr rounds works great.. snake shot not so much. It would also work for pigs, yotes or trespassers.

I also do not kill non venomous (technically they are not poisonous) snakes either, and not all the venomous ones either, just the ones that hang out in particular places.

Last edited:

BIGLOST

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2020
    Pineville,Louisiana
    .38 snubby & 2 CCI shotshells & 4 swc loads for the 2 legged variety . . . .Pop showed me years ago ; a long forked stick works well with the legless kind . . .unless I m gonna eat it ; then application of machete is called for . . . .

Last edited:

deadduck

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Monroe, LA
    I have a Judge Public Defender, the smallest one. It's a great snake gun. I carry it when I'm out in the woods in the summer with a couple #4 shotshells for snakes, then either some buckshot or 45 Colt for bigger critters.

I don't kill non-venomous snakes. In fact, unless a rattlesnake or cottonmouth is hanging out somewhere I may run into him again, say near my house or deer stand, I let them live too. They're an essential part of the ecosystem.

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    They make smooth boar Henry’s to use specifically with snake, rat, or birdshot. Personally I think any .22 or shotgun with some birdshot would do just fine.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    .22 Snake shot is useless .
    It’s definitely not useless. Most people just don’t have a need for it or buy it and expect it to preform identical to shotgun birdshot. It definitely has its place and is effective at what it was made for especially when firing out of a smooth boar barrel.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedactedUsername
    Top Bottom