Gores are Splitsville...Is it because of global warming???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The parental labels are kind of a joke anyway, in the computer/internet age. Kids DL/acquire/share pirated copies of all those items- most of the time right under their parents' noses.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    True enough Sam. I hadn't considered that aspect of it.

Thankfully we're still at the age where she tells me what to download off iTunes and I've noticed iTunes is very good at providing "clean" versions of explicit songs.

At home, Abi has a severely limited access to the internet. Either at the kitchen table beside me, or in her father's office sitting beside him. She has a laptop but it's not set to connect via dial-up, which is all we have at home. She can't go anywhere on it at the office Dad doesn't see. If she has to do things at home, she does it on my computer.

On the other hand, her grandparents allow her completely unrestricted access all night long. Drives me bonkers.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    True enough Sam. I hadn't considered that aspect of it.

Thankfully we're still at the age where she tells me what to download off iTunes and I've noticed iTunes is very good at providing "clean" versions of explicit songs.

At home, Abi has a severely limited access to the internet. Either at the kitchen table beside me, or in her father's office sitting beside him. She has a laptop but it's not set to connect via dial-up, which is all we have at home. She can't go anywhere on it at the office Dad doesn't see. If she has to do things at home, she does it on my computer.

On the other hand, her grandparents allow her completely unrestricted access all night long. Drives me bonkers.

You are a responsible parent. Sadly, responsible parents are an endangered species today....It seems like more and more people attempt to be their kids' "buddy" instead of their parent- and we see the results getting more obvious every day...:thumbsdown:
    We all know what usually happens when kids are allowed to decide EVERYTHING for themselves. More times than not, the end results are "less than favorable"....

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    You are a responsible parent. Sadly, responsible parents are an endangered species today....It seems like more and more people attempt to be their kids' "buddy" instead of their parent- and we see the results getting more obvious every day...:thumbsdown:
    We all know what usually happens when kids are allowed to decide EVERYTHING for themselves. More times than not, the end results are "less than favorable"....

You still had a solid point. Responsible or not, many things occur under the parent's nose. Even good parents are faced with poor decisions made on their child's part.

I hadn't considered the digital music age in my first post. I still love the parental advisory labels and the explicit tag on iTunes, but if she ever hits these pirate download sites, they won't help me.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You still had a solid point. Responsible or not, many things occur under the parent's nose. Even good parents are faced with poor decisions made on their child's part.

I hadn't considered the digital music age in my first post. I still love the parental advisory labels and the explicit tag on iTunes, but if she ever hits these pirate download sites, they won't help me.

For music it should be easy enough to catch unless she clears her itunes folder after every time she listens, which is unlikely. I doubt she'll want to re-upload the songs every time she listens.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

True enough. We all tried to pull the same kind of crap on our parents- we just weren't as well armed with the techno goodies that kids employ today....:rofl:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom