got a little package today .... v.tdi

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    and trainer? :o

funny story. i was in search of a horizontal sheath and paul pointed me to this guy.

well, i ordered just the horizontal sheath last week. i was playing with the tdi i got a while back and cut myself so within 5 minutes of bandaging myself up i went and changed my order. :rofl:

order came in today. a week from order isn't bad considering chris was out of town when i sent in the order.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Took me a month or so to cut myself with my new SOG Auto... it drew first blood a few days ago. I should start a betting pool everytime I get a new knife "how long til I cut myself"

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Got in a set myself after talking it over with Paul.

Not happy.

First issue (My fault entirely) was that I saw Paul using his with a Wilderness like belt.

Well my dumbass failed to ether remember or check... I use a Wilderness Combat Shooters model, and the Tec Locks are too small for my belt.

Second issue:
    THe Red handled trainer and sheath are good to go, lock in securely etc.

The Black handled one does NOT. the knife does not lock in NEARLY as securely as ether the trainer or paul's knife.

I sent off an E-mail and we shall see.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Got in a set myself after talking it over with Paul.

Not happy.

First issue (My fault entirely) was that I saw Paul using his with a Wilderness like belt.

Well my dumbass failed to ether remember or check... I use a Wilderness Combat Shooters model, and the Tec Locks are too small for my belt.

Second issue:
    THe Red handled trainer and sheath are good to go, lock in securely etc.

The Black handled one does NOT. the knife does not lock in NEARLY as securely as ether the trainer or paul's knife.

I sent off an E-mail and we shall see.
    I have a Wilderness CSM and mine fits fine w/ the TekLok. Might be the width, mine is a 1.5". Do you ahve the 1.75? You might need to switch to the regular TekLok over the smaller one.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Yea, like I said that's my bad.

He said some people said the sheths were too tight and he'll send me one of those. (He's trying to finess it just right)

He even said to just send him the smaller Tec Locks and he'll exchange them for the larger ones.

Lookin good.

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    these guys make sheaths for full size TDI or just the shorter ones?

Yeah, but the large TDI does not lend itself this sort of thing. And the IAK sheath was not conceived for mounting on battle rattle, the factory sheath for the large TDI does that well enough.

Just for the record, the small TDI is the 'full size' knife as conceived by John Benner. The larger format is something that John Motil, an instructor at TDI, came up with later.

I've got an original Blue River Knife & Tool large TDI with the FIN belt sheath and FIN IWB sheath as well as a production KA-Bar large TDI with factory sheath & IAK sheaths. I'll get pics posted eventually.

Top Bottom