Got my first AR lower assembled

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onelochevy

XD 45
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    Well I just finished building up my first AR lower receiver. I figured doing it myself was the best way to learn exactly how these things work since I've really only handled an AR a couple times. Had a great time during the lower assembly now just gotta save some coin for the upper.

Specs:
    Spikes Tactical stripped lower
    RRA parts kit w/ ERGO grip
    Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard
    Magpul MOE stock
    Magpul ASAP sling plate

ARBuild001.jpg

ARBuild002.jpg

blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    This thing looks good!!! How much does something like this run? and if ordering does the lower have to be unassembled becouse its considered a firearm? and is it alot of work to put one together from a parts kit? sorry for all the questions, this just seems very interesting to me at the moment. Thanks.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Right now you can get a spikes lower for 89 bucks half off at their sight, magpul MOE like 55 bucks, lower parts kit from DPMS are running like 58 you can put one of these together pretty cheap. The market is right man buy, buy, buy. Nice get up by the way and how tight is that MOE stock does it have any play like a normal 6 position stock?

Last edited:

onelochevy

XD 45
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    This thing looks good!!! How much does something like this run? and if ordering does the lower have to be unassembled becouse its considered a firearm? and is it alot of work to put one together from a parts kit? sorry for all the questions, this just seems very interesting to me at the moment. Thanks.

Just like sirisaac said, the stripped lower was only $89. That's the main reason I began this build. I had always wanted to try it so I figured now would be as a good a time as any. The lower receiver, even stripped, is still considered a firearm and has to be shipped to a FFL. Assembling the lower was very easy. This is my first time as well and when I took out the bag of parts in my lower parts kit I was kind of freaking out. But on AR15.com they have a great write-up that I printed out that shows you pictures of all the parts and has step by step instructions on how to put everything together. It was really very easy.

blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    Man thanks alot!! I think ive found a new project, at these prices its something even I can afford, a piece at a time and ive got something thats REALLY mine!!!!

Top Bottom