Got my first tattoo this weekend

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    "Ye shall not. . .print any marks upon you. . ."

Simple. . . Straightforward. . .Settled. . .

God Said It. . . I Believe It. . . That Settles It. . .

Right. . .?

Not hardly as you will probably disagree. . .

The clear statement from the word of God does not settle anything for this generation of disobedient, carnal, worldy, tolerant, non-judgmental, Christians. Rather than obey God, they run miles and miles and miles to "justify" their open disobedience to the Word of God.

How do they get around Leviticus 19:28?

Clearly, there it is. "Ye shall not. . .print any marks upon you. . ."

A lot of Christians when confronted with Leviticus 19:28, scream, "Hey dude, that’s not for today. Man, that’s the Old Testament. I’m under the New Testament".

Did you know that "bestiality" (sex with an animal) was ONLY forbidden in the Old Testament Levitical Law? Only in Leviticus 18:23 and Leviticus 20:15-16. Dude, only in the Old Testament Law. Does that mean a Holy God NOW – under the New Testament, approves of bestiality?

By the way, have you ever read Leviticus 19:29? The verse immediately AFTER the "it’s not for me" Leviticus 19:28?

Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a whore; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness.
    Leviticus 19:29

This is the only place in the Bible that God directly forbids someone to prostitute their daughter. And since, it’s ONLY in the Old Testament Levitical Law (and "hey, dude, we’re NOT under the law") – it MUST be ok by the Lord for a parent to cause their daughter to prostitute.

Same sick, perverted, wicked, line of reasoning as the "it’s ONLY in the Old Testament-tattoo-bearer-wearer". Same reasoning. . . Same disobedience. . . Same perversion of the Word of God.

There are many other "moral laws’ that are ONLY forbidden in the Old Testament, such as the human sacrifice of children. No where in the New Testament is this forbidden. Does that mean that NOW under the New Testament, God Almighty endorses throwing babies into the fire as a human sacrifice?

And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.
    Leviticus 18:21

Matthew Henry’s Commentary at the beginning of Leviticus 19 explains that most of Leviticus 19 (such as verse 19:28) are moral commandments that applies not only for Israel but for the New Testament Christian today.

"Some ceremonial precepts there are in this chapter, but most of them are moral. . . Most of these precepts are binding on us, for they are expositions of most of the ten commandments."
    (Matthew Henry’s Commentary on the Whole Bible, Leviticus 19:28)

No. Not for modern Christians anyway.

Without getting too theological I will explain why. The law was given to an already redeemed Israel, not in order to be redeemed.

The law can be divided into 3 parts: moral, civil, and ceremonial. The civil (Israel government) and ceremonial (foreshadowed the sacrifice of Christ) have passed away, but the moral law (such as the 10 Commandments) still remain to guide Christians in their behavior.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    This is why I love bs.com so much. We start out with someone telling us about a new tattoo and end up with an in depth theological discussion! :eek3:

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    If we were to abide to the letter of the law the "print no marks" rule, we would have a lot of homely women running around without lipstick or eye liner.

Poweboy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Bay St Louis/Slidell
    The only reason I ask is because you called him out on committing a sin. So, you are Jesus himself, or going against Exodus 20:1-17. I am a happy God loving Christian and not perfect. I just took it by you calling him out that you are perfect. No offense I am just curious.

91Foxtrot

Go Ordnance
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    No, I was asking because he is obviously a devout christian if he wants to have scripture forever added to his body, and was wondering how he was able to reconcile that with the biblical disapproval of tattoos. I'm an atheist, so they're not my rules. I was just curious as to how the whole rationale went down. I didn't mean to open up a can of worms, I posted the question simply to further educate myself.

Poweboy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Bay St Louis/Slidell
    Calling someone out is not going to educate you. The best way to educate yourself is to read the Bible. A lot of the Old Testament is a great read even if you are not a Christian. Read Job all his struggles and he still had faith and had great rewards. Educate yourself through the words of God. Not through the actions of people.

91Foxtrot

Go Ordnance
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've read the bible, cover to cover. As well as the Qur'an. I've been to numerous church services, mosque, temple, and even sat with a few taoists. I'm not looking for a religion, and if I was, it would not be Christianity. I'm interested though, in how people live with their faith. My question was based on the assumption that someone who follows scripture would have to rationalize going against said scripture to himself, and was interested in knowing how that came to be. By the way, saying that the Old Testament is a great read is kind of a stretch, it contains some of the worst examples of genocide, infanticide, sexism, and homophobia that has ever existed.

Poweboy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Bay St Louis/Slidell
    That is your opinion and respect it. I only respect it as your opinion not the words you have used. I am not going to argue with you over a internet forum. I was just curious why you would call out the op using scripture. Thought you were a Christian since you are a expert on this matter. I understand now and got a answer. Maybe one day we will run into each other and we can share our experiences. God bless and have a wonderful night.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    "Ye shall not. . .print any marks upon you. . ."

Simple. . . Straightforward. . .Settled. . .

God Said It. . . I Believe It. . . That Settles It. . .

Right. . .?

Good enough for me but I hate all tattoo's . Can't understand why anybody would want one. :dunno:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    By the way, have you ever read Leviticus 19:29? The verse immediately AFTER the "it’s not for me" Leviticus 19:28?

Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a whore; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness.
    Leviticus 19:29

So.... The guy from Gunsmoke is going "Downtown"? :mamoru:

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I personally and saved by god's grace and have tattoos, nothing to do with faith or anything. I do not see anything wrong with them and I live by MY convictions that god lays upon me.

@ 91 foxtrot, I can read a book and cite things from it as well, but when it comes down to it.. I cannot deny god's grace in my life or others..

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Good enough for me but I hate all tattoo's . Can't understand why anybody would want one. :dunno:

Same here. I guess some folks choose to express themselves differently- but it ain't for me.
    happy0170.gif

I wouldn't write $hit all over a brand-new pickup truck- why the BLEEP would I want to do it to MYSELF??? :rofl:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I dont believe after stupid "looks cool tattoos" they have NO meaning

Mines all have a reason & a meaning behind them, none of them was just taken out of a book and put onto my skin. They were all taken from the idea in my head to a piece of paper by an artist to ink on a needle.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    The laws of the bible, much like our laws, are obviously open to interpretation. Don't like a verse? Twist it into something that works for ya like the liberals do. The OLD testament?! It's called that for a reason! None of that applies anymore!

Top Bottom