Got my first tattoo this weekend

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Tattoos are trashy. There wasn't much of a tattoo culture in the Middle East during the time of Christ I doubt it was something they saw much of.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Man there is so much mis-information on here it's quite ridiculous to read. So many people talk about the Bible even those with the always ludicrous claim of "I've read the bible, the whole thing" :rolleyes: So what? Does that mean you've absorbed every letter? Why do you think Theologians read it for 50 years and STILL are learning?

The bottom line, and as far as I'll get into these silly discussions.

The Old Testament(Law)[and all Traditions there in] were written for the people of that day. Back when God dealt directly with man.

The Bible states that Christians are no longer under the law once Jesus came b/c Jesus fulfilled the LAW.

Jesus also then gave His followers TWO Commandments, that in following would fulfill the previous Commandments.

In short, the OT was not written directly to Christians as a moral compass, the NT was. That doesn't completely negate the OT but it does negate the Customs and Traditions that no longer make sense, since Jesus was resurrected and gave Christians new law.

If people REALLY studied the bible, they wouldn't ask these types of questions. They are clearly answered in the Bible. Clearly. But most folks just pick and choose what they want to talk about or attempt to understand for various reasons.

I learned all that not as a Christian but as a studier of Biblical Morality some years ago.

/
    Here’s more on the topic at hand if folks would like to stop speculating and actually learn what the bible says.
    http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-law.html

@ the bottom in the Related Topics is more reading material. Shouldn't be a problem for all the readers in here right? right? ...right .... ;)

out here/

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    So, the law set forth in Leviticus only applies to the Levite tribes? If so, have all of those laws become void? The reason I ask isn't to troll, I just see christians citing Leviticus as reason not to allow homosexuals to marry.

Jesus stated that he was not placed before others to change law. He was Jewish. So technically the "civil law" of the bible still applies. The OP is picking and choosing what parts he feels are correct, which in itself could be considered sinful if a person really wants to split hairs.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    This is coming from a guy that doesn't believe in Christianity, but the impression I was under is what Hitman said.

That's why christians can eat crawfish every season down here without going to hell ;) It's also why they can wear poly blends and the like. :rolleyes:

Such levitican law was not for the people saved by Jesus and guaranteed forgiveness upon repenting, but for people who had to live a devout life by an oppressive set of rules or die. Now Jesus bears the weight of those sins and while it's good to live by the rules spelled out via the moral compass of the NT, as Hitman calls it, it's not a fundamentalist-literal code anymore, and hasn't been for quite a long time.

But if it were so clear, there wouldn't be so many different denominations, I guess.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I personally and saved by god's grace and have tattoos, nothing to do with faith or anything. I do not see anything wrong with them and I live by MY convictions that god lays upon me.

@ 91 foxtrot, I can read a book and cite things from it as well, but when it comes down to it.. I cannot deny god's grace in my life or others..

This. I have tattoos. I am deeply spiritual. I feel comfortable and confident in the manner I live my life. I sit on a church pew with confidence God approves of 90% of what I do. I mourn my sins. I am not perfect.

But I do not actively pick and choose what parts of the bible I follow. Unconsciously, perhaps. I do eat rabbit after all. The bible is a guide. Everything applies to the person if God leads you towards a passage. Not a single word is wrong. A parent does not raise children exactly the same. But differences do not make separate methods wrong.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    But if it were so clear, there wouldn't be so many different denominations, I guess.

Touche'
    pardon.gif

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Man there is so much mis-information on here it's quite ridiculous to read. So many people talk about the Bible even those with the always ludicrous claim of "I've read the bible, the whole thing" :rolleyes: So what? Does that mean you've absorbed every letter? Why do you think Theologians read it for 50 years and STILL are learning?

The bottom line, and as far as I'll get into these silly discussions.

The Old Testament(Law)[and all Traditions there in] were written for the people of that day. Back when God dealt directly with man.

The Bible states that Christians are no longer under the law once Jesus came b/c Jesus fulfilled the LAW.

Jesus also then gave His followers TWO Commandments, that in following would fulfill the previous Commandments.

In short, the OT was not written directly to Christians as a moral compass, the NT was. That doesn't completely negate the OT but it does negate the Customs and Traditions that no longer make sense, since Jesus was resurrected and gave Christians new law.

If people REALLY studied the bible, they wouldn't ask these types of questions. They are clearly answered in the Bible. Clearly. But most folks just pick and choose what they want to talk about or attempt to understand for various reasons.

I learned all that not as a Christian but as a studier of Biblical Morality some years ago.

/
    Here’s more on the topic at hand if folks would like to stop speculating and actually learn what the bible says.
    http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-law.html

@ the bottom in the Related Topics is more reading material. Shouldn't be a problem for all the readers in here right? right? ...right .... ;)

out here/

Okay. I went to pulled up that passage. I'm half wrong. He didn't abolish law, he fulfilled it.

I still lean towards the idea that much of the OT is still very revelant but ultimately live correctly and as the Lord leads, these questions aren't necessary.

I think a person should still feel sinful if they showed up with a thug tattoo on their face. Lev applies in this case. But it's not the ink itself but the manner in which they live. So it's not Lev at all necessarily, I suppose. ;)

I'm chasing my tail. I have puppies to release. I'm out.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

That reminds me of a guy I know that was raised Southern Baptist. He now lives with his older gay friend and call themselves married and calls the guy his husband. No more Southern Baptist he goes to the Catholic church now because his "husband" is big time Catholic. He said it's more accepted there.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Got alot of tattoos. Most are patriotic but none can be seen in short sleaves. Getting Statue of liberty next saturday at speak easy. If I can't get forgivness for a tattoo then I'm not gonna even bring up the other stuff. Hope god has a dark sense of humor.

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Got alot of tattoos. Most are patriotic but none can be seen in short sleaves. Getting Statue of liberty next saturday at speak easy. If I can't get forgivness for a tattoo then I'm not gonna even bring up the other stuff. Hope god has a dark sense of humor.

My sister has a peacock themed Phoenix back piece that's gorgeous from Jason or Justin(?) at Speakeasy. They do great work.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    My sister has a peacock themed Phoenix back piece that's gorgeous from Jason or Justin(?) at Speakeasy. They do great work.
    Joey did my last one and is doing this one too. Justin does great work too. Honestly I've yet to see a bad tat come out of thier shop yet.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom