Got my first tattoo this weekend

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 91Foxtrot

Go Ordnance
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Hitman, you are claiming that Jesus fulfilled the law and as suck it no longer applies to Christians. But the verse I provided states that while he did fulfill the law, until everything is finished the law stands as rules for all Christians.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Hitman, you are claiming that Jesus fulfilled the law and as suck it no longer applies to Christians. But the verse I provided states that while he did fulfill the law, until everything is finished the law stands as rules for all Christians.

Actually I thought you said Matt.15. Which oddly enough applies here too. Check it out.

To answer your question, takes more than the average glance over of ONE single scripture verse in the Bible and more time than I have at the moment. Kids, off school, dinner etc.

For starters, it still has to do with understanding WHAT part of the old law Jesus was talking about. For sure some of them were required sacrifices etc, doing them now would mean a Christian would be denying what they think happen on the cross. So obviously Jesus isn't talking about those customs. But the Ten Commandments? Why not? They don't contradict the two commandments he gave and so on and so fourth.

If you're interested still, let me know.

...and really didn't want to be dragged into this, should have kept my mouth shut :doh: :D

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    Actually I thought you said Matt.15. Which oddly enough applies here too. Check it out.

To answer your question, takes more than the average glance over of ONE single scripture verse in the Bible and more time than I have at the moment. Kids, off school, dinner etc.

For starters, it still has to do with understanding WHAT part of the old law Jesus was talking about. For sure some of them were required sacrifices etc, doing them now would mean a Christian would be denying what they think happen on the cross. So obviously Jesus isn't talking about those customs. But the Ten Commandments? Why not? They don't contradict the two commandments he gave and so on and so fourth.

If you're interested still, let me know.

...and really didn't want to be dragged into this, should have kept my mouth shut :doh: :D

Yeah I kept my fingers stowed for this one. I seem to get along with people in person, but I just **** off folks online. I think your statement was well thought out, and correct.

Tate

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Leviticus 11:7-8
    And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

How many of you avoid the pork? Just asking.:)

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    So are you saying that the Ten Commandments DON'T apply?

The laws of the bible, much like our laws, are obviously open to interpretation. Don't like a verse? Twist it into something that works for ya like the liberals do. The OLD testament?! It's called that for a reason! None of that applies anymore!

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    There are some really great discussions, but where are the F'n pics?!

I thought this thread was about your new tattoo!
    Don't you get all accusatory, here! They're only interested in people who broke the rules they LIKE, not the rules they DON'T like. ;)

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    I serve a loving God. I am made in his image, as such, He knows and understands what and who I am. Is it a sin to mark your skin as a believer ? Yes it is. I had ink before I became a Christian and have gotten more since then, I believe it is in Gods plan for me.

Why ? I'm not articulate enough to put into words, why. I can tell you that my appearance has opened doors for me that are not open to "Normal" looking Christians. Its an awesome experience. I get to give my testimony in the oddest places.

In the end, my choices are between myself and God.

Top Bottom