Graphic ND

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    this goes out to the people who think that birdshot will not hurt someone if used for self defense.

Hurt someone? Sure. So will a BB gun. Reliably stop a determined attacker? Nope.

Keep in mind his muzzle was also probably a matter of inches from his shoulder when the gun discharged. I'd rather not have to get that close. ;)

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Hurt someone? Sure. So will a BB gun. Reliably stop a determined attacker? Nope.

Keep in mind his muzzle was also probably a matter of inches from his shoulder when the gun discharged. I'd rather not have to get that close. ;)
    Yea, if the muzzle is that close to the guy, it's close enough for him to grab or swat aside.

I also don't base my judgments on the effectiveness of ammo by fluke anecdotes.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    00 Buckshot for me. I don't choose to rely on something that might work, in certain situations. Sure, will use any tool in an emergency, but when I am stocking the tool box, I am going to use the best tools I can afford.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Nah! Just spray some Windex® on it. It will be fine.

If only it were that simple.

windex4.gif

Last edited:

benorth

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Pretty cool. I assume that the lead wont cause any major adverse reactions... Probably less damage then going through and picking it out.

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Wow, son in law is a moron.

I wouldn't mind seeing pictures of his rear delt though. From the pictures it looks like there was no complete penetration through his body with a point blank shot....damn that had to hurt.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    That sucks, good reminder to always treat a weapon with respect! It is pretty cool what they were able to repair though, I wonder how much use he has with it.

I've seen a kill via .410 birdshot, again it was point blank to the lungs. Just because it CAN stop an attacker doesn't mean it's the best tool for the job, there are a ton of other options with much higher success rates.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom