Green Energy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike308

HandiChamp
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Pearl River
    When we have wind mills and solar panels providing all of our energy needs will I have to convert my F150 to run on premium air or can I still use regular? Or do I need to use algae?:rofl:

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    You will not be able to afford it because our Govt. will put air meters on our vehicles and charge us a tax on the volume of air we use. They've already got that figured out.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    While I think most Libs are out in the weeds with their overzealousness of taking care of our environment, I do think we should not abuse what we have.

Lots of people on the right prefer to have their head in the sand while they pour oil on the ground.

Do we have an impact on the global climate? Only someone who hasn't really thought about it would think not.

Is the impact a significant cause for the change in temperature? I tend to think not as we have to compete with some natural significant factors. It's unfortunate quite a few "scientists" have allowed their desire for research money and desire to be "right" to detract from putting out quality data.

Still, if you look at Mexico City, 1970's Los Angeles vs. now..... we have some impact on our immediate environment.

I'm not saying we should crush Big Block powered muscle cars, but we should keep them tuned up so they don't emit more stuff than it needs to.... plus it'll run faster and get better gas mileage. We should recycle our oil. We should work to reduce consumption and emissions.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Since you've arbitrarily picked a point in time to begin your reasoning, I'll do the same. I chose the turn of the 1940s. The climate temperature was declining into the 1970s, some even thought we were coming into another ice age. The average temperature does begin to warm from there out, so what's changed? Our use of fossil fuels? Not really. How about our level of pollution? Sorry, that's been in decline too. With this in mind I blame unleaded gasoline and catalytic converters for global warming. :)

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Since you've arbitrarily picked a point in time to begin your reasoning, I'll do the same. I chose the turn of the 1940s. The climate temperature was declining into the 1970s, some even thought we were coming into another ice age. The average temperature does begin to warm from there out, so what's changed? Our use of fossil fuels? Not really. How about our level of pollution? Sorry, that's been in decline too. With this in mind I blame unleaded gasoline and catalytic converters for global warming. :)

You either didn't read or fully comprehend my post. I never stated that we are the cause of global warming or cooling. I basically stated we have some impact on global climate (notice I did not say warming), but that impact might be small when compared to other natural factors. Additionally, I stated there is some significant local impact if you looked at the Smog in certain highly populated cities with high numbers of automobiles.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Oh, I forgot:

The US and the worlds energy requirements have grown significantly since the 1940s (likely double).... that energy has to come from somewhere. Much of it is fossil fuels.... it's kinda like tobacco, it should make sense that inhaling smoke isn't going to be good for you in the long run.... burning fuel (gas, coal, whatever) creates byproducts that go into our atmosphere and we eventually breathe it.

Like I said. It may not contribute much to the change in global climate, but we can measure it in our air, soil, food.... etc.

My point is: We should attempt to take care of our home. We don't have to get crazy, but we don't need to be wasteful.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    It was written tongue in cheek for those that would skew figures to suit their agenda. Notice the smiley face.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Scientist, the top ones, say the cause of Earths warming and cooling cycles is the Sun. Always has been.

Now, since the human population has been he-l bent on chopping down most of the Worlds forests what about this: Trees breathe in carbon dioxide and emit oxygen. Humans breath oxygen and emit carbon dioxide. So less trees means more carbon in the atmosphere and somewhat less oxygen being emitted into the air. Now, the Oceans have a stabilizing effect on the Earths temperatures which causes the warming and cooling cycles to come on gradually.

The green movement is nothing more than a movement that is making us have to but these new, expensive, fangled light bulbs.
    And political, of course.

Top Bottom