Green Hypocrites

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Reading the previous email I posted today one paragraph reminded me of another email I recieved about a year ago. It compaired George Bush's Crawford home to Al Gores home. Snopes confirmed the old email compairing their residences to be True. So George "Big Oil" Bush has a green ecology friendly home and Al "Mr. Green" Gore's home leaves a huge carbon footprint and is an energy hog. What a hypocritical jackass. Check out the link below.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/house.asp

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    On a similar note... I've always said that people will continue this self righteous "go green" ******** untill it starts costing them money. That will be the end of the Green Revolution.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Because comparing a 10,000 sqft home to a 4,000 sqft home would result in the exact same energy use...

My dad's house is a little bigger than 10,000 feet and he pays about $600/mo in the summer and $400 in the winter for electricity, and that 10,000 feet doesn't include his garage. I don't know what the heck Al is running over there to have a $2,400 per month electric bill.

But it's all good because big Al pays his company to plant trees, cap volcanoes, and plug up cows' asses to offset his carbon emissions.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Because comparing a 10,000 sqft home to a 4,000 sqft home would result in the exact same energy use...

Bush's home is eco friendly and yes smaller than Gore's. Bush does not claim to be an environmentalist but his actions demonstrate he is. Gore claims to be an environmentalist but his actions demonstrate otherwise. A few years ago Gore was telling Americans we need to scale down and drive smaller vehicles. At the time he was driving a Cadillac Escalade. I can respect a man who walks his talk. I despise hypocrisy. Don't tell me to do one thing while you do another.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Hey, you won't catch me defending that nut-bag. But we need to have extremes on each end to balance it out. All I said is that it's hard to compare a 10k sqft home to a 4k sqft one. There are a ton of mitigating factors that change the amount of energy. Nonetheless, he needs to lower his carbon footprint.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    This green thing is taking on a life of its own. I think just about every company now has a 'green' commercial running now.

On the plus side, I saw an ad today from Bayer for a pesticide. That's new!

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Thats why I reload and ride a Harley, Im doing it for the squirrels. I'd like to put my Carbon Footprint up Hollywood's ass!

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    So George "Big Oil" Bush has a green ecology friendly home...

No no no man...It's not just eco friendly...it is self sustaining! GWB knows that the **** is going to hit the fan and he has everything he needs to survive, including a lot of friends. You can bet he is well armed, and on that kind of ranch he and a lot of people could last a very long time.

These guys know what is up. Gore is helping to drive us to the reason Bush built his ranch!

Look at the TV and you'd think that they were freakin morons.

Look at history and you see clever and intelligent men working on a goal. Watch videos of Bush running for Governor...he was something else.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    This green thing is taking on a life of its own. I think just about every company now has a 'green' commercial running now.

On the plus side, I saw an ad today from Bayer for a pesticide. That's new!

Yeah , ant poison made by Bayer . It didn't work too well for me . :(

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    On a similar note... I've always said that people will continue this self righteous "go green" ******** untill it starts costing them money. That will be the end of the Green Revolution.

Don't be so sure. I sold some "green" biobased tile to a guy a few weeks ago that were almost 3X the cost of vinyl tile that looked exactly the same. Dude didn't bat an eye. Most of my carpet suppliers are also adding a "green" recycled carpet, that is indicernable from regular polyester and nylons. It's coming.

Dave

Top Bottom