Greetings from Central!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobcarr72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Central, LA
    Hello all,
    Just dropping in to say that I'm glad I found this board! I've owned a few firearms over the years (Mossy 500, Remington 700, XD-40, etc.), but my interest in the 1911 platform had been piqued for the past year or so; I have a couple of co-workers who shoot them regularly and I've been fond of the design ever since I was in the service (when they were still armory issue). I recently took the plunge and purchased an SA Loaded Champion and can't wait to get to the range this week with it (have friends who shoot regularly at Precision). As an interesting aside, I do environmental work in refineries and oilfields; my most recent work had me working in Cotulla, TX...about 40 miles north of Laredo. It can be a bit of a sketchy area, but I'd had zero problems all summer. Toward the end of September (and, consequently, when I was about to start more work closer to home), a couple of pipefitters were found beheaded just outside of town (near where new pipeline is being laid). Within weeks, the collective ranch owners where the oilfield operations are taking place decided to allow limited open-carry on their property. I just happen to be on that non-restricted list. I'll be taking a CHL course in the very near future once I get a copy of my DD214 (lost my original during Gustav).

That's about it. Oh yeah! Wait! I used Todd from TCustoms, LLC as my local FFL and he couldn't have been more gracious and easy-going. While he was calling in the NICS check, we had a very good conversation and he even offered some great advice about the Commander-length 1911's. I'm certain that future firearms purchases will all be sent his way. Great guy who deserves everyone's support!!!

bobcarr72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Central, LA
    Thanks! Feel free to ignore my avatar; that was from a few years back when I was running a boat down in Venice. Not much in the way of personal grooming regs down there. :)

Top Bottom