GSSF Pricing - Save Money on New Glocks

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • prelude9569

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2009
    Mandeville
    I have a GSSF certificate and called baton rouge police supply and was told they were out of the glock 19 i wanted and they did not know when they were getting anymore in so I asked to order one. I hope it does not take too long to come in. Barney's said they were out also. only question I have is what is considered too long for one to be on order?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have a GSSF certificate and called baton rouge police supply and was told they were out of the glock 19 i wanted and they did not know when they were getting anymore in so I asked to order one. I hope it does not take too long to come in. Barney's said they were out also. only question I have is what is considered too long for one to be on order?

An order from Glock could easily take 10-12 weeks.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The GSSF Glocks now cost $27 more and you must buy a 2 year $60 membership in order to purchase a Glock right away. If you only buy a 1 year membership for $35 you must wait 1 year and renew at $35 before you can buy a GSSF Glock. So if you want a basic Glock in less than a year it will cost you $425 + $60 for a total of $485 before tax. Very little savings if you buy a G3 Glock.

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    The GSSF Glocks now cost $27 more and you must buy a 2 year $60 membership in order to purchase a Glock right away. If you only buy a 1 year membership for $35 you must wait 1 year and renew at $35 before you can buy a GSSF Glock. So if you want a basic Glock in less than a year it will cost you $425 + $60 for a total of $485 before tax. Very little savings if you buy a G3 Glock.

Their new rules suck........yeah the savings is not really there anymore compared to what I have seen locally or especially what is online (so minus the tax). Stupid move on Glocks part as it would have sold a few more Glocks and keep the GSSF growing.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Hate to revive and old thread but I was just looking into getting a GSSF membership and was wondering if it is still only two dealers for Louisiana? I know of the one for Lafayette and one in BR but is that still all we have? Is it really even worth it anymore??? :dunno:

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Hate to revive and old thread but I was just looking into getting a GSSF membership and was wondering if it is still only two dealers for Louisiana? I know of the one for Lafayette and one in BR but is that still all we have? Is it really even worth it anymore??? :dunno:

I personally don't believe that it's worth it. Granted, I get LE pricing on them, but even if I didn't, it wouldn't change my opinion.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I personally don't believe that it's worth it. Granted, I get LE pricing on them, but even if I didn't, it wouldn't change my opinion.

That is what I was thinking as well. I mean after you pay at least $65 for the two year membership then add the cost of the pistol it is almost what a new one cost anyway, or close to it. I have a friend that is an EMT and could get the LEO price so I could just buy it from him after he buys one. :hi5:

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    For two years it is $60 not $65, and you don't have to sign up for two years. You can sign up for one year for $35. Don't skew the facts.

I apologize for being off by $5. But from my understanding you have to have 12 months of membership before you can buy at the discounted price. So therefore you would have to renew for another year @ $35 to finally get the discount. If I am mistaken please correct me. I am just trying to weight the pro's/con's of joining. I understand there are other benefits as well, but lets be honest, the best is the discounted price.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    The rules may have changed but in 09 as soon as I recieved my packet I applied for the certificate. I was only a member for a day.

This is from the most recent guidelines I just found released effective 1 May 2011.

GSSF Members NOT eligible for the discount purchase program:
     New Annual (1 Year) members with less than 12 months with GSSF
     New Annual Family Membership members with less than 1 year with GSSF.

ETA: Figured I better add a link as well. http://www.gssfonline.com/GSSF_Pistol_Purchase_Program_Information.pdf

Last edited:

bsramzy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    prairieville
    I am have been a GSSF member for a couple years now. Heberts will honor their certificate, but recently I went in to purchase a 27 gen4. They only had 3 blue label glocks in stock. I asked how long it would take and they said it could be months

barneys and baton rouge police supply are out as well. supposedly glock is 100,000 units behind.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom