Gun control group claims suppressors are ‘threat to public safety’

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    You know we should turn the tables on these prius loving gun hating douches.

Someone needs to introduce a bill that requires vehicles with a minimum report (douchie hybrids) should require an nfa form.

Last edited:

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    http://www.guns.com/2016/02/11/hearing-protection-act-gains-both-attention-and-sponsors/

This is the more exciting story. Call your reps and tell them you wish to not go deaf while practicing you God given right.

I just wrote my representative a letter.

Dear Representative
    I am writing to you as a physician, a constituent and recreational shooter to bring your attention to HR 3799 - The Hearing Protection Act of 2015. The risk of hearing damage, even when proper precautions are taken, when shooting is well recognized. We have had a ready solution for over a century, the suppressor. However anti-gun propaganda and public misconception has led to high barriers to ownership. Special taxes, subjective approval without oversight or recourse, byzantine regulations and long waiting periods have restricted access to this vital piece of safety equipment to a small minority of shooters. I routinely advise patients who shoot to use a suppressor in addition to standard hearing protection, particularly when shooting indoors, to prevent long term damage to their hearing. However because of these barriers few if any have been able to adequately protect their hearing. HR 3799 seeks to address this issue by replacing these barriers with the standard background check that all shooters must pass to legally purchase a firearm. Hearing loss can cost over $400,000 over the lifetime of the user, both in diagnostic and treatment costs but also in lost productivity. It has profound implications on quality of life as well. Even countries such as Germany, Norway and the United Kingdom with extremely strict regulation of firearms recognize the health benefits of suppressors. It is long past time that we, too, recognize these financial and medical benefits.

Regards,
    Rhandhali, MD
    Member, American College of Physicians
    Member, Second Amendment Foundation
    Member, National Rifle Association
    Member, US Practical Shooting Association

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    You know we should turn the tables on these prius loving gun hating douches.

Someone needs to introduce a bill that requires vehicles with a minimum report (douchie hybrids) should require an nfa form.

NFA for a prius?!?!?!?! This is the dumbest **** I have heard. The environment and firearms are two radically different areas of concern.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH SOMEONE WANTING TO IMPACT THE ENVIRONMENT LESS!!!!!!

That has nothing to do with firearms or the 2A.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    NFA for a prius?!?!?!?! This is the dumbest **** I have heard. The environment and firearms are two radically different areas of concern.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH SOMEONE WANTING TO IMPACT THE ENVIRONMENT LESS!!!!!!

That has nothing to do with firearms or the 2A.

I think you missed me completely. When on surface streets these things are "too quiet" because they are using electric motors.

I mean you could kill someone with a Prius and its so quiet no one would ever know. [Sarcasm]

And for the record I was being a dick. I believe in liberty far too much for that kind of bull to be a serious thought.

I dont want to stray from the second amendment topic so I wont argue about the value of a Prius.

patwa

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Lake Charles
    This is off topic but needs to be addressed.
    Even if we accepts the (yet unproven) CO2-Climate change concept , does driving a Prius IMPACT THE ENVIRONMENT LESS!!!!!!?. Before that battery makes it into the vehicle, it has to be mined and manufactured, with a huge carbon footprint. The electricity to recharge the battery also has a carbon footprint. Driving the Prius might not make much difference overall, but it makes you feel better.

Getting back on topic, I realize that suppressors help limit noise pollution, but should I be worried about the CO2 that I generate every time I pull the trigger? I DO NOT WANT TO IMPACT THE ENVIRONMENT EITHER!!!!!

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I am in the healthcare field as well and sent my congressman an e-mail a few weeks back. I received a form letter type reply about his support for the second amendment, etc. No specifics on this bill, but the more positive contact the better.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    UhOh it looks like GUS and patwa drive Priuses.
    This is off topic but needs to be addressed.
    Even if we accepts the (yet unproven) CO2-Climate change concept , does driving a Prius IMPACT THE ENVIRONMENT LESS!!!!!!?. Before that battery makes it into the vehicle, it has to be mined and manufactured, with a huge carbon footprint. The electricity to recharge the battery also has a carbon footprint. Driving the Prius might not make much difference overall, but it makes you feel better.

Getting back on topic, I realize that suppressors help limit noise pollution, but should I be worried about the CO2 that I generate every time I pull the trigger? I DO NOT WANT TO IMPACT THE ENVIRONMENT EITHER!!!!!

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I once shattered my calcaneus by impacting the environment. I walk with a cane to this day and require a steady diet of NSAIDS to do that without discomfort.

Most people already have a suppressor, for their automobile, lawnmower, and many other applications. The technology is the same. The reasons for use are the same.

These same lefties that are arguing against suppressors on firearms would be up in arms if you drove by their house without a suppressor on your automobile.

This just serves to expose their true agenda, which is to eliminate all legal ownership of firearms.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    These same lefties that are arguing against suppressors on firearms would be up in arms if you drove by their house without a suppressor on your automobile.

This just serves to expose their true agenda, which is to eliminate all legal ownership of firearms.

No! What this exposes is that we are a country awash in idiots! And instead of ignoring them like parents would a spoiled crying brat; we have other idiots that have nothing better to do than listen to them and perpetuate their stupidity!

Try to look at leftist idiots in this country in a philosophical manner. If you seek a utopian human condition through excessive enactment of laws and restrictions on human behavior so much so that you eventually run out options, the ultimate restriction becomes the human itself!

Meaning; over time, they will eventually extinguish themselves!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I think Gun Control Groups are a threat to public safety.

I'm not a religious guy, but the longer I live on this planet, I start to realize that the US Constitution and the 10 Commandments, when used in concert with one another, are the only laws a free human living in the US needs to get by in life. :dunno:

And with that logic, what possesses others to dictate their corrupted belief systems on anyone else? An opinion is one thing, but that is never good enough anymore. There is deliberate attempts to compel others to comply to the their way.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    what possesses others to dictate their corrupted belief systems on anyone else?

Cash-Loan.jpg

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

BTW; How douchey for the loser who took this picture!

"Hey, I am going to take a picture of a big wad of cash for Instagram! Man, my boys are going to think I am the bees knees! But, hmmmmm! I only have this one $100 bill, and I am a broke dick! Oh, well; who's going know the difference?"

Answer. EVERYONE THAT SEES IT, STUPID! :rofl:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    If not profit motivated, then just dummies?

Non-Profit CEOs still make big bucks.

This particular group brought in less than $1M in 2013 and the CEO make $150k.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=10167#.Vs9Bc_krLIU
    Compensation of Leaders (FYE 12/2013)
    Compensation % of Expenses Paid to Title
    $149,203 18.99% Josh Sugarmann Executive Director
    Other Salaries of Note
    $149,203 18.99% Kristen Rand Legislative Director

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Non-Profit CEOs still make big bucks.

This particular group brought in less than $1M in 2013 and the CEO make $150k.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=10167#.Vs9Bc_krLIU

Looks like Mr. Sugarmann and Ms. Rand are running one hell of a scam in the name of public safety! Not to mention the tax free status of a "non-profit!"

:doh:

There is hope for all you guys that dropped out of high school! Just set up a non-profit policy center that jerks on heart strings of ignorant people, get a 501c tax free status, pay yourself 25% of the revenues, err excuse me; I mean the donations, and print out some BS flyers or buy advertising in a newspaper with the rest.

Boy did I screw up opening up a real business!

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Just remember, any time some scumball wants you to donate to a non-profit organization, remember that the NFL was non-profit.

Top Bottom