Gun found at Tioga High School

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSUFoolsball69

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Slidell
    These are outside of every school in Louisiana which makes it a Law!

95_moibv.jpg

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    (2)
    (A) It shall be unlawful for any individual knowingly to possess a firearm that has moved in or that otherwise affects interstate or foreign commerce at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone.
    (B) Subparagraph (A) does not apply to the possession of a firearm—
    (i) on private property not part of school grounds;
    (ii) if the individual possessing the firearm is licensed to do so by the State in which the school zone is located or a political subdivision of the State, and the law of the State or political subdivision requires that, before an individual obtains such a license, the law enforcement authorities of the State or political subdivision verify that the individual is qualified under law to receive the license;

(iii) that is—
    (I) not loaded; and
    (II) in a locked container, or a locked firearms rack that is on a motor vehicle
    ;

(iv) by an individual for use in a program approved by a school in the school zone;
    (v) by an individual in accordance with a contract entered into between a school in the school zone and the individual or an employer of the individual;
    (vi) by a law enforcement officer acting in his or her official capacity; or
    (vii) that is unloaded and is possessed by an individual while traversing school premises for the purpose of gaining access to public or private lands open to hunting, if the entry on school premises is authorized by school authorities.

If it was unloaded and locked in the glove box then it doesn't violate fed law either, but I doubt that to be the case.

LSUFoolsball69

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Slidell
    He did not break a Louisiana law. The federal gun free zone bill is broken every time you drive within 1000' feet of a school.

That law really needs to get brought to the SC.....

What I want to know is, how do they go about charging him with a federal law? Do they have to turn him over to federal authorities?

You gotta think about one thing. Why did he have a gun in the first place at school? I have had guns off and on in my life and I knew never to bring it near schools. **** I got in trouble at Tioga for a Paintball gun! Which told me never to bring a gun.:) I hope the kid gets it straight but if he wasn't thinking then I really don't want him with a gun cause it makes all of us Gun Carrying American look very stupid! I don't want my Kid at school with a kid that has a gun in his car outside of school. All he has to do is go get the gun out of his car (Which is easy in high School to get to your car at lunch,etc.) then go on a Rampage!

Last edited:

LSUFoolsball69

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Slidell
    If it was unloaded and locked in the glove box then it doesn't violate fed law either, but I doubt that to be the case.

I just think he was stupid for bringing it. Loaded or not you shouldn't have a Gun at school knowing how High Schools seem to get random shootings all the time. So why stick you **** in a Ant bed? Don't Chance it.

I highly Doubt Tioga is gonna have a war anytime soon! So no need to have a Gun.

I like that Tioga means Jail Bird!!!! LOL that is funny Ole Tioga Trash!

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    You gotta think about one thing. Why did he have a gun in the first place at school? I have had guns off and on in my life and I knew never to bring it near schools. **** i got in trouble at Tioga for a Paintball gun. Which told me never to bring a gun. I hope the kid gets it straight but if he wasn't thinking then i really don't want him with a gun cause it makes all of us Gun carrying American look very stupid! I don't want my Kid at school with a kid that has a gun in his car outside of school. All he has to do is go get the gun out of his car (Which is easy in high School to get to your car at lunch,etc.) then go on a Rampage!

I always had guns in my truck in high school. I would hunt before and after school. Believe it or not, it is possible for some people to have guns and not go on "a Rampage!" with them. Was that sarcastic and I missed it?

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I just think he was stupid for bringing it. Loaded or not you shouldn't have a Gun at school knowing how High Schools seem to get random shootings all the time. So why stick you **** in a Ant bed? Don't Chance it.

I highly Doubt Tioga is gonna have a war anytime soon! So no need to have a Gun.

no, no. Jay bird. :mamoru: An old DJ. I'm just barely old enough to remember him really well. He died years ago but he immortalized several small towns in the central Louisiana area. The song was Ogie from Tiogie, a parody.

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009

But that isn't the point. The point is whether it is illegal. There is a federal law on the books that contradicts the LA constitution.

Should be easy to fight, but I bet this kid doesn't have the will or the means. They seem to know who they can bust who won't fight it.

LSUFoolsball69

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Slidell
    I always had guns in my truck in high school. I would hunt before and after school. Believe it or not, it is possible for some people to have guns and not go on "a Rampage!" with them. Was that sarcastic and I missed it?

Yeah I was being sarcastic. LOL

A rifle yeah I would understand that but I just think the kid was trying to be cool with a gun in his car. I graduated in 01 and none of my friends never carried guns but i guess the High School world has gotten Gangster! :)

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Last edited:

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.4%
    27   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette

A rifle yeah I would understand that but I just think the kid was trying to be cool with a gun in his car. I graduated in 01 and none of my friends never carried guns but i guess the High School world has gotten Gangster! :)

So you are saying that highschool kids don't have the right or perhaps the need for self defense.

The guy is protected by Louisiana law. He did nothing illegal and he did nothing wrong.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

(II) in a locked container, or a locked firearms rack that is on a motor vehicle;

"On" a motor vehicle? The word "On" doesn't definitively mean "in" as in "inside a motor vehicle", does it? Our state law says a weapon "contained entirely within a motor vehicle" is constitutionally protected activity, right? I suppose what needs to be clarified once and for all is what the definition of "possess" is. Can someone call Bill Clinton?....:D

To me, our state law is pretty clear. Of course, someone in an authoritative position who knows dogshit about state laws isn't exactly as rare as a dodo bird these days, either.....

And if we really want to split hairs- your car actually IS a locked container.....

Last edited:

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge

So are all the 18 year olds who OC just interested in being cool? Some might be, but I would wage that the majority do it for SD.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think he's gonna get the charges dropped. Remember, LSU is also a "gun-free" zone but it specifically makes mention of "guns in cars" being excluded from the restriction.

bayoupirate

God of Thunder
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Raceland, Louisiana
    I think I'm confused?

It's not legal for a person under 21 to purchase a handgun, but they can open carry?

I had assumed that he was being charged for possession and being under 21.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom