Gun Grabbers with a new tactic - Doctors Target Gun Violence as Social Disease

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    This was in the front section of The Advocate today (Sunday 8/12). They picked it up from the AP feed. The byline is the AP chief medical writer, Marilynn Marchione. She seems to have her own anti-gun agenda right from the start.
    Notice how the headline states Doctors in the plural? Then the entire article quotes only a single person, Dr. Hargarten in Wisconsin.

There is one obtuse reference to another, one sentence, then nothing else except this one doctor Hargarten - "Dr. David Satcher tried to make gun violence a public health issue when he became CDC director in 1993. "

His angle is insidious because he is trying to pursue his anti-gun agenda by making medical and sociological arguments. He also make some pretty wild claims that are not documented in the article. For instance, "One recent study found firearm owners were more likely than those with no firearms at home to binge drink or to drink and drive, and other research has tied alcohol and gun violence." Drink much?

The article shows that he is trying to make a medical construct for gun control. He presents these aspects:
    Host Factors (that's gun owners )
    Product Features (no safety belts on guns)
    Environmental Risk Factors (gun show loophole)
    Disease Patterns ("Gun ownership — a precursor to gun violence — can spread "much like an infectious disease circulates")

Go here to read the original AP story.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...8m_Deg?docId=fcab4237ad6e4f2f8dec03e21629d44b

As far as I'm concerned, zealotry is the disease he suffers from and it's going undiagnosed in plain view.

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    This was in the front section of The Advocate today (Sunday 8/12). They picked it up from the AP feed. The byline is the AP chief medical writer, Marilynn Marchione. She seems to have her own anti-gun agenda right from the start.
    Notice how the headline states Doctors in the plural? Then the entire article quotes only a single person, Dr. Hargarten in Wisconsin.

There is one obtuse reference to another, one sentence, then nothing else except this one doctor Hargarten - "Dr. David Satcher tried to make gun violence a public health issue when he became CDC director in 1993. "

His angle is insidious because he is trying to pursue his anti-gun agenda by making medical and sociological arguments. He also make some pretty wild claims that are not documented in the article. For instance, "One recent study found firearm owners were more likely than those with no firearms at home to binge drink or to drink and drive, and other research has tied alcohol and gun violence." Drink much?

The article shows that he is trying to make a medical construct for gun control. He presents these aspects:
    Host Factors (that's gun owners )
    Product Features (no safety belts on guns)
    Environmental Risk Factors (gun show loophole)
    Disease Patterns ("Gun ownership — a precursor to gun violence — can spread "much like an infectious disease circulates")

Go here to read the original AP story.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...8m_Deg?docId=fcab4237ad6e4f2f8dec03e21629d44b

As far as I'm concerned, zealotry is the disease he suffers from and it's going undiagnosed in plain view.

The good doctor must not know there is a constitution. Liberalism is also a disease. One of the brain.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    pic_bullshit_9da7865c59fc80e66934b6d2b4d164e3.jpg

jussaddwata

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Prairieville
    I have to fill out questionares for a physical at work. They ask a series of questions about your drinking habits, mental state (do you suffer from depression, have you ever been depressed are you stressed or does your job cause you to be stressed.The next question is do you own any firearms or are there firearms in the home.

I leave all that blank and don't answer any of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I have to fill out questionares for a physical at work. They ask a series of questions about your drinking habits, mental state (do you suffer from depression, have you ever been depressed are you stressed or does your job cause you to be stressed.The next question is do you own any firearms or are there firearms in the home.

I leave all that blank and don't answer any of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

I think that is some initiative being pushed by the National Institute of Health.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Someone should point out that Medical Malpractice causes more deaths per year than firearms ever will. And the arguement that if you have a dwi you should not be able to own a firearm, dont get me started on doctors with DWI's, or for that fact, doctors having "Martini Lunches" then going back to see patients.

Bill Baldwin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Ragley
    At the same time, violent crime has been falling and the murder rate is less than half what it was two decades ago.

He doc, looks like it's a self correcting problem, now that you've cured cancer, maybe you can work on the common cold.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Gun violence must be treated as social disease

Interesting read, until the end...then it get's all LEFT!

They ALMOST made the point that if this is the society we are going to live in, then we need to Educate the People living in it about Guns. I'd agree with that kind of push.

Last edited by a moderator:

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    I remember taking my son to the doctor and one of the pieces of info they handed out was "The Dangers of Having Guns in the Home". I was a bit upset so I handed it to the lady sitting at the desk and told her that I sold all of my guns to drug dealers when my son was born. You should have seen her face.:eek: I then told her that I was joking and my son doesn't know the code to the safe so he will be just fine. I also let he know that handing out such junk is not going to stop any idiots from leaving loaded guns on the kitchen counter where kids could easily get to them.

Top Bottom