Gun in vehicle on school property(Lafourche Parish)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    booked with intent to distribute marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and violating a drug-free zone. Parr was also booked with possession of Alprazolam, possession of a firearm in the presence of a controlled dangerous substance and possession of a firearm in a firearm-free zone.

The last charge will probably be dropped, who knows. Cops likely just threw everything reasonably justifiable at them and let the courts figure it out. When you combine illegal drugs with a gun, you really have the cards stacked against you.

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    The last charge will probably be dropped, who knows. Cops likely just threw everything reasonably justifiable at them and let the courts figure it out. When you combine illegal drugs with a gun, you really have the cards stacked against you.

Totally agree. By no means the "perfect" circunstances for us to learn from but...

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Isn't the law tht you cannot have a handgun in your possession unless you are 18? Or something close to that anyway.
    Just for the nonbelievers- today I had to take my son to the dentist. When I dropped him off at school, I parked right in front of the office, removed my pistol from my waistband, layers it by the seat, exited my car, locked the door and took him in to sign in. I broke no law contrary to what some believe. If you looked close you may could have wen saw the top of the gun thru the window.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Isn't the law tht you cannot have a handgun in your possession unless you are 18? Or something close to that anyway.
    Just for the nonbelievers- today I had to take my son to the dentist. When I dropped him off at school, I parked right in front of the office, removed my pistol from my waistband, layers it by the seat, exited my car, locked the door and took him in to sign in. I broke no law contrary to what some believe. If you looked close you may could have wen saw the top of the gun thru the window.

Now this is just a suggestion and I am in no way attacking you, but maybe next time you could consider securing that loaded firearm better while leaving it in a locked car on school property. I have no idea what quality of students that school has, but if you had some hoodlum skipping classes and browsing car windows........just saying. Maybe next time completely out of site? :dunno:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Yea, I :hide" mine in the map pocket of the door, when I go pick up the boy at school. It's mostly out of sight, but not covered.

I think it's pretty clear to everyone except one troll in the last thread we had about the topic.

Bill Baldwin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Ragley

Generally speaking, the gun free zone law was written to address this type of crime. Possession of a firearm while committing another crime is not a constitutionally protected right, but, with the amendment last year, who knows what will happen.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Considering that the sheriff's car was about 50' from mine at the elementary school, I think it was just fine. I would be willing to bet at least half the cars in the lot have guns in them, this is the country. There was also a .38 in the glove box. Each of our schools has a dedicated resource officer walking around at all times.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom