GUN MEETUP SNATCH AND GRAB

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    But in this situation what good is a loaded gun? I can’t see where deadly force would have been justified.
    I also didn’t see where the victim said say he didn’t have a loaded gun with him.
    I think he’s advising and referring to having the loaded gun to protect yourself in case the buyer wants to attempt to delete you and take what you’re trying to sell. Like the poor guy who got killed for his dirt bike selling on Facebook in harvey

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Hey Austin,

you guys may have pulled the PM I got from the new Premium member wanting to meet by the super dome. With an out of state area code. No car etc.

I went to my PM to report it and it’s gone. It was there, he contacted me about 1-1.5 weeks ago.
    Did you accidentally delete the message? Maybe look in your deleted items folder?

PM me/perez the guy's username and we can look into it.

Deleting an account might. But I don't think many accounts actually get deleted.
    We don't delete accounts, but sometimes accounts will get hit by our spam filter which will delete the account and all posts/messages. It's possible that someone hit the "spam clean" button, which would do this, but we don't typically do that for active accounts with a post history...

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Did you accidentally delete the message? Maybe look in your deleted items folder?

PM me/perez the guy's username and we can look into it.

We don't delete accounts, but sometimes accounts will get hit by our spam filter which will delete the account and all posts/messages. It's possible that someone hit the "spam clean" button, which would do this, but we don't typically do that for active accounts with a post history...

He sent me the name and I looked into it. I've added you to the conversation. The user name does not appear on the list of user names. I did a search with his name as a search term rather than as a user and I found 2 posts that are replying to this guy's posts. The replies have a link to the quoted posts but those links don't pull up the original posts. The 2 missing posts have consecutive post numbers (ending in 18 and 19) and the 2 replies to the 2 posts were within 15 minutes of each other so they should have been made at about the same time. In fact, the next post on the board (ending in 20) was a reply to one of the posts.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    He sent me the name and I looked into it. I've added you to the conversation. The user name does not appear on the list of user names. I did a search with his name as a search term rather than as a user and I found 2 posts that are replying to this guy's posts. The replies have a link to the quoted posts but those links don't pull up the original posts. The 2 missing posts have consecutive post numbers (ending in 18 and 19) and the 2 replies to the 2 posts were within 15 minutes of each other so they should have been made at about the same time. In fact, the next post on the board (ending in 20) was a reply to one of the posts.
    I replied - his account was "spam cleaned" by one of the moderators.

saxmanson

Hardly Newbie
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Jan 3, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Let’s just be honest here and I don’t care who says it’s racist or mean but Im not handing over a gun to a 6’3” black guy with tattoos on his face and dread locks who can’t even give me the respect of getting out of his vehicle to make the sale. Sometimes you just have to look at a situation and trust your gut. I’m not racist I just use common sense.
    JStudz as a black man you've dealt with more than once, I would not do such a meetup with ANY clown regardless of his race! And it sounds like the buyer didn't even get out of their car, how dumb is that? The shysters have figure out weaknesses in the site and they are exploiting it. Joining the site and one day later asking folks to do an illegal transaction. Be wary y'all!

WeldonHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Weldon, LA
    Let’s just be honest here and I don’t care who says it’s racist or mean but Im not handing over a gun to a 6’3” black guy with tattoos on his face and dread locks who can’t even give me the respect of getting out of his vehicle to make the sale. Sometimes you just have to look at a situation and trust your gut. I’m not racist I just use common sense.
    My FFL's in Ruston and his ATF agent was at his store one day when I was having him transfer 8 rifles I'd ordered online. The ATF agent wanted to talk to me outside and I knew why, he thought I was making straw purchases or something. After getting that out of the way, explaining I'm a collector and that I do not resell any firearms. I asked him how would I even know if someone is prohibited or not anyway? He looked me in the face and said if they're driving a car with loud sound system and big wheels, have tattoos all over them and a few other things I won't mention I'd steer clear of selling them anything.

geeck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    I'm not a very trusting person to begin with, if I don't know you, I'm not likely to do any kind of firearm business with you. Never in the **** HOLE city of my birth New Orleans or Orleans Parish. Baton Rouge and East BR Parish are in that same boat. My advice as an old Boomer, FIRST THING if you see a tarantula headed gang-banger looking wannabe, drive on don't even stop. The OP was lucky all "IT" took was his firearm. We can only hope more evil won't come from this failed transaction.

WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    I'm not a very trusting person to begin with, if I don't know you, I'm not likely to do any kind of firearm business with you. Never in the **** HOLE city of my birth New Orleans or Orleans Parish. Baton Rouge and East BR Parish are in that same boat. My advice as an old Boomer, FIRST THING if you see a tarantula headed gang-banger looking wannabe, drive on don't even stop. The OP was lucky all "IT" took was his firearm. We can only hope more evil won't come from this failed transaction.
    Lol, “tarantula head”. I’m gonna have to use that one

Top Bottom