Gun raffle question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Got a question for all my gun friends out there or anyone for that matter. Would you pay $20 - $25 for a raffle ticket to win a O/U shotgun? There would only be 100 tickets at that price. Or would most prefer a $10 ticket with 250 tickets? It is to raise funds for a teenager to take his summer trip with a group he is in.

Here is the gun.http://www.mossberg.com/product/sho...der-side-side-mossberg-international-silver-3

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    I wouldn't go 25, I'd keep it 10 or 20 for the sake of keeping to a single bill or 2 10s. the more convenient the option is the more likely people will have it on them and pay up. If you're doing physical tickets.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Agreed. $25 is a lot for a raffle ticket, but most people can let $10 go without really worrying about it, especially if it's for a good cause (or a good gun).

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Thanks for the input guys. I will definitely post it up once we get it all sorted out.

Another question is would it matter to you if it were not a brand new gun? If it was bought and shot about 10 times and they decided it wasn't for them?

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    If you could choose the best gun for a raffle which would y'all choose? Would a pistol be better? A shotgun? What kind of shotgun, tactical, hunting or O/U?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Thanks for the input guys. I will definitely post it up once we get it all sorted out.

Another question is would it matter to you if it were not a brand new gun? If it was bought and shot about 10 times and they decided it wasn't for them?

Do you still have the box and all the original contents?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    No, nothing.

Then be honest about it! If it is for a legitimate cause; your target consumers will easily understand the gist of the fundraiser, the prize is often an after thought more than the focus. Your biggest and possibly only hurdle will be cheapskates in general. They won't understand your mission anyway.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    If it's a hunting shotgun that you already have, and you really want to raise money, I'd consider posting it on here and on some hunting/shooting facebook groups. I'm sure you'd sell out the tickets pretty quickly; you'd probably have to be willing to ship to an FFL though. On the other hand, if you raffled off a Glock 19, people would be lining up out the door to buy tickets.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I think what is going to happen is a $5 raffle for the shotgun. I talked to my MIL, who is conducting the raffle, wants to use that gun and make it cheaper. As soon as I can get confirmation and some good pics I will post it up here with a little story.

It is a beautiful shotgun and has maybe 10 shells shot through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    If you could choose the best gun for a raffle which would y'all choose? Would a pistol be better? A shotgun? What kind of shotgun, tactical, hunting or O/U?

Looking at it two different ways:

From a money making perspective, I would offer a decent AR, something in the dollar range of $700 to $1,000. Offer 250 tickets at $10 each. Quick $1500 profit.

From a ticket buyer, I would buy a ticket regardless of the firearm being offered. I would most likely but $20-$25 worth of tickets regardless of the individual price of the ticket.

On another note, I've helped with raffles in the past and the aggravation of printing tickets was never worth it. I've used this company before and have had no issues with them. You may want to check them out if you still need tickets.
    http://www.raffleticket.com/

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I think what is going to happen is a $5 raffle for the shotgun. I talked to my MIL, who is conducting the raffle, wants to use that gun and make it cheaper. As soon as I can get confirmation and some good pics I will post it up here with a little story.

It is a beautiful shotgun and has maybe 10 shells shot through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One way to keep costs down is to NOT purchase the prize beforehand. Decide how may tickets you need to sell to make the profit you want to make and then start selling tickets. Just be sure to note on the ticket that X amount have to be sold or the raffle will not take place and all money from ticket sales will be returned. I've conducted a raffle like this before and have had no issue with it. No money needed upfront other than the cost to print tickets.

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    I would buy a cheaper ticket. I am not going to win any way. If I want to help my odds I would buy two or three. But I believe you will sell more if you sell them for 10.

latour50

Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    We did a raffle for the benefit of a fellow officer last year. We had a new Glock, several duty-type flashlights, and some signed sports items. We charged $5 per ticket or 5 tickets for $20. Almost everyone forked over a twenty because they perceived it as a bargain. We raised about $10,000 in about 6 weeks!

Latour

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom