gun safe question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TowTruck

Jared
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Denham Springs
    My safe (cannon ex20) is a digital keypad to unlock it. EMP or fire would make it difficult to gain access to my firearms. With that being said what brand safe would you recommend, and who would you suggest buying it from?
    also looking for something a little bigger.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    My safe (cannon ex20) is a digital keypad to unlock it. EMP or fire would make it difficult to gain access to my firearms. With that being said what brand safe would you recommend, and who would you suggest buying it from?
    also looking for something a little bigger.

There is a thread or two that details many conversations about Gun Safes if you search.

But, more importantly; what is that in your mouth on your avatar? :eek4:

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Fort Knox makes a redundancy locking system that allows the use of a numeric key pad but also has a manual dial combination lock that can over-ride it in the event of an EMP.

Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    Be aware many of the digital locks used on gun safe's have a master code (some locks only allow that can be set once) usually set by the manufactuer to allow emergency entry, some companies don't set this feature, others use one master code for all safe's built, and yet others use a different code on each safe and keep records based on the serial number.. I suspect their are a couple of driving forces at work here, liabilty insurance may require such things on their part in case kids get trapped in a safe, etc. Secondly there is the customer service issue with stupid people forgetting their combinations. Of course this leads to the problem of criminals knowing the master combination, oh this is an XYZ brand safe so the master override code is 4701, the sad thing is many home burglar alarms are set up the same way, the installers are encouraged to chage the master code, but many leave it as the factory default, and those that do generally use the same one on all alarms their company installs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom