Gun safety law

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fredgr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2016
    Free state of Livingston
    I think I have discovered one gun safety law we can all get behind.
    If you make your living as a performer you are forbidden to own or come in contact with anything that resembles a real firearm. You're allowed to come in contact with plastic imitations only. I bet Bloomberg et. al. could support it. What say ya'll?

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    If you make your living as a performer you are forbidden to own or come in contact with anything that resembles a real firearm. You're allowed to come in contact with plastic imitations only. I bet Bloomberg et. al. could support it. What say ya'll?

Why would you want to ban all performers from owning guns? Plenty of actors take firearms and firearms training seriously. Kiana Reaves comes to mind while filming John Wick. I think that’s a little much. Outside of having to run a background check to purchase a firearm I can’t think of any others off of the top of my head that make sense. I think making a law for this is a bit extreme. I say let the movie industry handle it and make rules not laws.

Instead of the solution always being let’s make more laws I say punish the people who break the current ones or hold them liable for what they do. Speaking specifically of the Baldwin shooting several industry protocols were broken. Punish the people who didn’t follow protocol. So to answer your question that’s a hard NO from me.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I agree with Jstudz. We don’t need any more gun laws. We don’t need to strip rights, liberties and freedoms away from law abiding citizens, regardless of their career choices. I don’t even begrudge a left wing anti gunner from practicing their 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms. That would be unconstitutional. Now, if they want to personally forfeit their rights, freedoms and liberties, I will also respect their choice, as long as they don’t try to influence my choice.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Believe it or not , there are " performers " that are gun friendly . They shoot , they hunt , they act responsibly . Ridiculous idea .

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Absolutely no way in h-e- double tooth picks. Would be subject to legal challanges on several levels. There are more than enough un-needed gun laws on the books now that are or not enforced depending on the political climate of the legal system. ................................................................... drill sgt.

sarky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Well it is a stupid idea as morons like Bloomberg will then expand on the law and make it apply to you! Is that what you want? Much like the idiots who will not get vaccinated (I don't care if they die of their stupidity) The same goes for anti gun liberals improperly playing with guns!

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Well it is a stupid idea as morons like Bloomberg will then expand on the law and make it apply to you! Is that what you want? Much like the idiots who will not get vaccinated (I don't care if they die of their stupidity) The same goes for anti gun liberals improperly playing with guns!
    Are you a doctor? That’s kind of a bold statement saying it’s stupidity if someone chooses not to get the vaccine. Last I checked having the antibodies was better than the vaccine itself. What about the people who are suffering negative side effects from blindly taking the vaccine or the ones who got the vaccine and still contracted Covid? Is that stupidity as well?

Personally I’d say the only idiots are the people who keep pushing so hard for everyone to get vaccinated because they THINK they know what’s best for everyone.

Last edited:

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR

I willing to bet your a genius.... not really! :madfawk:

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I nominate you to call Ted Nugent to let him know that he can't keep his guns.

Let us know how that goes.

Mike

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    Having to pass a 4473 check makes sense to purchase a firearm, like being allowed to purchase a car if you don’t have a valid drivers license makes sense. Or being allowed to register a car with a history of DUIs or other traffic infractions.

Except there’s that pesky “constitutionally guaranteed right” thing. Self defense is a RIGHT, while cars are a luxury and driving is a privilege.

Sure, there’s probably a bunch of world-class jackwagons I’m sure none of us want to trust with firearms. But I’m fairly certain there’s a much greater percentage of kamikaze degenerates all around us every time we get out on the road whom none of us would trust based on their driving history, vehicle state of repair, and insurance status.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cherry-Bandit
    Top Bottom