Gun Sale Gone Bad!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    loving this idea. and as already said, Academy is pretty much the "GoTo" spot on the westbank. I personally prefer there or on occasion maybe the walmart parking lot on Manhattan since I live 3 blocks away.

My work is very pro 2a. So for those that have done business with me, it's mostly while I'm at work. I'm always there, always have a gun on me, have cameras covering all angles etc. even keep a long gun at work just in case things get crazy.

I have used academy's parking lot (both harahan and gretna) in the past though.

drenfro78

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2016
    New Orleans, LA
    I can't believe anyone would get into a total strangers car to do a FTF. I'd be out of there with a quickness. I used to buy a lot of motorcycle parts off Craigslist and would a) always meet during daylight in a well traveled parking lot, and b) never arrive alone or unarmed.

Last edited:

tomnjenn05

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    I don't have a lot of post on here but I have done two ftf with members on here. I have meet in my work van and in my personal vehicle.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I do the same regardless if I am buying or selling. A member with not many posts or trader ratings will not get any attention from me.

I recently bought something from a LONG time member, came out the item is defective, and he assured me he didn't try to sell me a bad product and was willing to make it right. I decided to try to warranty the product instead of making him give me a refund. But he told me if the warranty doesn't work out he will make it right. I'm ok with that. I know a guy that's been on here a decade isn't willing to ruin his reputation.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I recently bought something from a LONG time member, came out the item is defective, and he assured me he didn't try to sell me a bad product and was willing to make it right. I decided to try to warranty the product instead of making him give me a refund. But he told me if the warranty doesn't work out he will make it right. I'm ok with that. I know a guy that's been on here a decade isn't willing to ruin his reputation.

Totally agree with that.

drenfro78

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2016
    New Orleans, LA
    Just like on other forums, before I part with my money, I check join date, post count, and trader rating.

I can understand that sentiment, but it can put new members (like me) at a disadvantage. I only recently started posting because I now have the time since I lost my job a couple of weeks ago. Maybe this is why I've gotten almost no replies to my classified listing.

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    I can understand that sentiment, but it can put new members (like me) at a disadvantage. I only recently started posting because I now have the time since I lost my job a couple of weeks ago. Maybe this is why I've gotten almost no replies to my classified listing.

Yup ... feedback score and time on the boards are a biggie with most people on here I would say.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

Keep in mind the economy is bad for others also. Most of the time I sell stuff for $0.50 on the $1.00 and lately I've been only getting $0.25 on the $1.00 times are tough. I'm selling stuff to just get rid of stuff that's in my way but definitely feel bad for folks that's outta work. Hang in there it's gotta turn around soon.

drenfro78

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2016
    New Orleans, LA
    Keep in mind the economy is bad for others also. Most of the time I sell stuff for $0.50 on the $1.00 and lately I've been only getting $0.25 on the $1.00 times are tough. I'm selling stuff to just get rid of stuff that's in my way but definitely feel bad for folks that's outta work. Hang in there it's gotta turn around soon.

Unless you run a pawn shop in the NOLA area. Except for two or three shops in the metro area, most of the places I have been sell stuff at almost retail prices. It's crazy, and I work(ed) in retail for 15 years. I was turned on to this website by another user when I was complaining about that a few months ago.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1bullseyebum
    Top Bottom