Gun Show Customer License Plates Come Under Scrutiny

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Making it up, no. Blowing it way the **** out of proportion to suit your agenda, of course.

You found 2 articles about one case from one lefty yankee ******** state. That hardly constitutes an epidemic or conspiracy, contrary to the beliefs of some. Do a little more research on the use of ALPR systems by LE and their constitutionality. It's legal all day long with ample case law to support it. If you don't like it make you a paper BS plate like every other self respecting Sovereign.

What if I told you that many LE agencies allowed, as part of policy supported by law, the running of vehicle license plates as part of establishing reasonable suspicion or probable cause for a traffic stop?

It was to cases in the same Yankie $hithole. A third case in the op. Blowing out of proportion? No simply pointing out where this same tech is being used horribly wrong, which does advance my point that we should stay the hell away from stuff like this.

And while I find it an invasion to run my plate for $hits and grins it's not news and is still better than a computer data mining while you patrol the streets.

PS: calling me a "sovereign" or sovereign citizen is name calling and it can apparently get you a couple days off. I learned from experience. Just saying. I ain't got a glass jaw or temperament of a four year old so I won't tattle on you.:nono:

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    It was to cases in the same Yankie $hithole. A third case in the op. Blowing out of proportion? No simply pointing out where this same tech is being used horribly wrong, which does advance my point that we should stay the hell away from stuff like this.

And while I find it an invasion to run my plate for $hits and grins it's not news and is still better than a computer data mining while you patrol the streets.

PS: calling me a "sovereign" or sovereign citizen is name calling and it can apparently get you a couple days off. I learned from experience. Just saying. I ain't got a glass jaw or temperament of a four year old so I won't tattle on you.:nono:

It's not your license plate so it's not invasive at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I have heard that argument before, but it doesn't mean I agree. The plate is fair game as a way to identify someone who has already been caught breaking a law.

Not an argument, it's the truth. You don't have to agree

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Not an argument, it's the truth. You don't have to agree

It is an argument everything involving rights and freedoms is an argument. Even when the Supreme Court rules on a case they publish two arguments. Arguing is what this country was founded on.

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I have heard that argument before, but it doesn't mean I agree. The plate is fair game as a way to identify someone who has already been caught breaking a law.

The plate is state property used to determine whether the vehicle's registration is expired, suspended, cancelled or clean; to determine if the vehicle is currently insured, and to determine whether the registered owner is legally able to be driving the vehicle.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    It is an argument everything involving rights and freedoms is an argument. Even when the Supreme Court rules on a case they publish two arguments. Arguing is what this country was founded on.

Driving on public roads (which require the registration and plate) is not a constitutionally protected right nor a freedom, so that has no bearing on this conversation.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Driving on public roads (which require the registration and plate) is not a constitutionally protected right nor a freedom, so that has no bearing on this conversation.

Yeah I know there is no amendment that guarantees the right to drive an automobile on state roads, but there is a 4th amendment that prohibits searches and seizures without cause. Do you honestly think our founders if having been able to foresee license plates and license plate scaning software that they would have said oh well that's ok? We didn't strictly prohibit that so... our bad. I do not. Consider the distrust for government these men had exhibited in all 10 amendments in the bill of rights. Consider what they had been fighting against. I don't know maybe history wasn't something that interested y'all in school. If not go study the kinds on laws and regulations the king was imposing on the colonies and how he was bending them to his will. Read through the federalist papers. Understand why they created those amendments and I think you would agree it's only legal by a technicality, because this would not have stood before the continental congress.

It all goes back to the same thing, the will of a few to control the masses.

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Anybody wonder if King George is looking up from hell, thinking: "D@mn it if I had just made them regester and tag their carts and buggies and told them yeah you can still own cannons but here fill out this form and pay the tax the a Americas would still be English."

Just things I wonder.

Last edited:

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Anybody wonder if King George is looking up from hell, thinking: "D@mn it if I had just made them regester and tag their carts and buggies and told them yeah you can still own cannons but here fill out this form and pay the tax the a Americas would still be English."

Just things I wonder.

lol +1

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Yeah I know there is no amendment that guarantees the right to drive an automobile on state roads, but there is a 4th amendment that prohibits searches and seizures without cause. Do you honestly think our founders if having been able to foresee license plates and license plate scaning software that they would have said oh well that's ok? We didn't strictly prohibit that so... our bad. I do not. Consider the distrust for government these men had exhibited in all 10 amendments in the bill of rights. Consider what they had been fighting against. I don't know maybe history wasn't something that interested y'all in school. If not go study the kinds on laws and regulations the king was imposing on the colonies and how he was bending them to his will. Read through the federalist papers. Understand why they created those amendments and I think you would agree it's only legal by a technicality, because this would not have stood before the continental congress.

It all goes back to the same thing, the will of a few to control the masses.

The 4th amendment doesn't apply to the information contained in a license plate. Furthermore, there is no expectation of privacy when in a public place. Sounds like the police WERE doing good old fashioned LEGAL police work. Why u mad bro?

fb9e4f66f18305099dd125d5fabed555.jpg

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    The 4th amendment doesn't apply to the information contained in a license plate. Furthermore, there is no expectation of privacy when in a public place. Sounds like the police WERE doing good old fashioned LEGAL police work. Why u mad bro?

fb9e4f66f18305099dd125d5fabed555.jpg

It's not a matter of privacy. It's an unwarranted, causeless search of my personal information held in a government database because you were bored or you got some new fancy tech. When someone has committed a traffic violation or was seen fleeing a crime sure the personal information associated with that tag if fair game but until then is an unjust search. Just because it hasn't been ruled unconstitutional doesn't make it right. The fact that I have clearly articulated my position on this twice and have only gotten a regurgitated argument that I picked apart the first time, shows all you care to do is post mindless snarky comments. Please try to think for yourself.

Last edited:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    It's not a matter of privacy. It's an unwarranted, causeless search of my personal information held in a government database because you were bored or you got some new fancy tech. When someone has committed a traffic violation or was seen fleeing a crime sure the personal information associated with that tag if fair game but until then is an unjust search. Just because it hasn't been ruled unconstitutional doesn't make it right. The fact that I have clearly articulated my position on this twice and have only gotten a regurgitated argument that I picked apart the first time, shows all you care to do is post mindless snarky comments. Please try to think for yourself.

Unwarranted, causeless searches of the DMV database are long held as legal soooooooo again, why u so mad bro?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be interested in some literature that proves your claim.

http://www.opn.ca6.uscourts.gov/opinions.pdf/06a0339p-06.pdf

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Unwarranted, causeless searches of the DMV database are long held as legal soooooooo again, why u so mad bro?

Partial birth abortions (murder to viable children) has long been held as legal too, is that ok with you simply because your nanny says it's ok?

Legal under our current bastardized version of freedom doesn't mean much.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville

Partial birth abortions (murder to viable children) has long been held as legal too, is that ok with you simply because your nanny says it's ok?

Legal under our current bastardized version of freedom doesn't mean much.

Searching a license plate database carries no moral implications. Nice comparison though.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    The premise of this case is wholly different from the premises of this discussion...try again if you'd like.

Google the definition of a public place and curtilage. You're making my brain hurt. Or better yet, go to your anti law enforcement buddies over at photography is not a crime and even they can explain it to you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom