Gun Show Lamar Dixon

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Went to gun show today for the first time in a year. It was the worst gun show I have been too in my life. Price Gouging is an understatement. $80 for a box of 9mm when I can get 9mm on the online now for about $25. Almost every gun was about $1000k even for things that I can get online for about $250. I know prices have increase, but not like this.

Then to top it off some scumbags stole 4 guns while I was there.

Surrounded by thieves and price gougers.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    Went to gun show today for the first time in a year. It was the worst gun show I have been too in my life. Price Gouging is an understatement. $80 for a box of 9mm when I can get 9mm on the online now for about $25. Almost every gun was about $1000k even for things that I can get online for about $250. I know prices have increase, but not like this.

And you had to pay to get into the gun show, As for as the scumbag thieves that stole 4 guns, securitiy must be severly lacking there. Defintiely not a gun show I would want to attend.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    A buddy and I had a table at one a few years back. The unbridled stupidity we had to deal with was enough to make a man lose all faith in humanity.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I hit the gun shows quite often in Louisiana between 1980 and 2000 when they were still great.
    Made a few between 2000 and 2010 but by then they had fallen off quite a bit.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    I hit the gun shows quite often in Louisiana between 1980 and 2000 when they were still great.

I agree. Now days, one can find better prices elsewhere like online or from local dealers than at gun shows. Years ago it was the reverse but not these days so I have stopped going to gun shows in the past few years.

Scott5.0

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Loranger, LA

You didn't happen to see any TRP's out there did you? :peep:

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    Wow! Did anyone checkout the price quotes for State Farm Insurance? And boy were those some nice handbags? Anyone else check out the Snake Oil? Awesome gun??? show.

Pl8rolla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2021
    Gonzales La
    I’ve been going to gun shows with my grandpa since I was old enough to walk. After the last 2 at Lamar, I’ll just hold on to my money. I was actually at Lamar Dixon bringing my son fishing in the ponds, didn’t even care about walking 30 yards to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    I agree. In the 1990's the shows were awesome. Unique items all over. Every show you could get a deal one something. Esp Surplus items. Now everything is AR-15's and polymer pistols at ridiculous prices.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I agree. In the 1990's the shows were awesome. Unique items all over. Every show you could get a deal one something. Esp Surplus items. Now everything is AR-15's and polymer pistols at ridiculous prices.

Back in the day I made the Gun shows West to Houston, East to Covington, North to Shreveport and South to New Orleans with a friend who had an FFL and always had a table full of firearms to sell.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom