Gun Show, why do they do this?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    sooo, whos going to the gunshow this weekend!

they been having mosin nagants and hi point 9mm carbines? how much?

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    You cant go to gun shows unless its for comedic value. Haven't been to one in years that was worth a crap. The internet killed gun shows imo. Last time I went I wanted to get rid of my last revolver. I wore a sign around my neck that said "for trade", and had it gone for more than i wanted in less than 10 minutes. People there are just dying to buy stuff, and vendors are happy to oblige.

If you're selling - go.
    If you're killing time - go.
    If you're in the market for a deal on a specific gun? - go anywhere else.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    How many of you are old enough to remember the gun shows at The Centroplex in Baton Rouge back in the 80's ? Back then you could get a good deal on guns , ammo , etc. I don't waste my time with them anymore .

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    How many of you are old enough to remember the gun shows at The Centroplex in Baton Rouge back in the 80's ? Back then you could get a good deal on guns , ammo , etc. I don't waste my time with them anymore .

I remember the Gun Shows in Baton Rouge prior to the Centroplex Shows.

Mlapor3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Gonzales

I remember going to these with my dad as a kid. I felt like they had so much more to see at that show. I went to the one at Lamar Dixon today and was underwhelmed (again). I have to agree with madwabbit, with the internet, gun shows seem relegated to selling/trading with individuals and dealers. They no longer seem like places to find a deal from a vendor.

RRB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Lafayette
    I've been going to shows since the sixties. I have to agree that shows these days pale in comparison to shows of yesteryear. I used to love some of the collections of displays that used to be common at gunshows (Nambu collections, Lugers, Thompsons, etc.).

But there are still deals, if you know what to look for. I've bought things from shows in recent years that have made all of the trips worthwhile. The best deal I ever happened upon was one from July of 2010. I couldn't believe what I bought for a whole lot less than the real value, and this was off a table, not from a walker.

I attend shows with little in the way of expectations, but I still attend and will continue to do so. I leave most of them after having bought notihg, but I'll still attend when I have the time. If I never buy a thing from another one, I'm still thousands of $$ ahead of the game.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA

Yes, that is the show that I really miss! That show was always worth the drive from the New Orleans area.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    These days, you must show up before the show opens if you want to get the really good deals. Four years ago, I got a Glock 17L NIB for $450 out the door!

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011

i didn't emerge out of the swamp until 1990 but i remember those gunshows well. i would buy 1,000 rounds of cheap 9mm every show cause i was just about out. i was amazed. i would actually sing while driving out there. after i would park, i was almost running to the gun show door. crates of sks rifles and its ammo dirt cheap. i wish i had spent evey penny i had on that stuff back then. and the clintion crime bill panic gun show was crazy!

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    my wife went to the one in Slidell a few weeks ago looking for a glock 43 she found 2 one for 550 plus tax and transfer and one for 525 plus tax and transfer. we could have got one at the shooting rang down in st Barnard for 500 plus tax and transfer but didn't have the money at the time they had one in stock. when we got the money from another sale we ordered one form CTD for 455 plus 10 shipping and 25 transfer fee at a local FFL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom