Guy I used to work with was randomly shot at saturday night

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • YellowChevy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Like Kade, I also went to this school & graduated with this guy. Played baseball with him for many years for the parish. He was always nice to me, but throughout the years I could tell something was a little bit different about him. I had seen him around various bars in Tigerland and Baton Rouge and everytime he seemed a little more "different."

Guess he wont be at the 10 year reunion...

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Cody are you friends with him on Facebook? I'm not but I'm curious what kind of wall posts he is getting after last night lol

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    In think in car-to-car combat like this, it is probably where having a gun provides the least amount of help. Hard to hit anything (for either side of the fight) and if you shoot at a moving car in self defense you're probably just as likely to hurt someone innocent as you are hurting the bad guy.

I don't see it going too well in court, either, when you are in a car that is capable of driving away quickly. I think you'd probably have to try and drive off first before shooting back would seem reasonable.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I found him last night, just a simple search. He may have it network limited to "friends of friends" or something like that.

kvetter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Jason Wyrick

My name is Kimberly Vetter and I'm a reporter with The Advocate. I'm writing a story for tomorrow's paper about the arrest of Jason Wyrick, who is accused of randomly shooting at three vehicles on Sunday.

I noticed that some of you posted that you knew Wyrick. I would like to talk to you for my story tomorrow. I'd like to know what you know about the alleged shooter. If you are interested, please call me at 388-0368 or 202-3215.

Thanks.

YellowChevy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Cody are you friends with him on Facebook? I'm not but I'm curious what kind of wall posts he is getting after last night lol

Yea I'm friends with him on FB. As of this morning, he had no new posts but there was a status update on Sunday at 5:48pm saying "Go Saints!"

Reading some more on his FB shows this message, at Sunday 1:10 AM..."My girl got robbed and the people said it was a young kid..... Who
    Was it really...???? He had a barrel in my girl's face.... I cannot support this type of behavior as an ex-student-scholar...."

I wonder if there is more to the story and maybe he was seeking retribution? Still the wrong way of handling it obviously but...

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    My wife knows to hit the seat-back release and go into full-recline if we are ever fired upon. I will sink low and left up near the "B" pillar and drive like h311 out of there (if possible)! It's good to have a plan AHEAD of time for those kind of events!

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Hummmmmm?

HUMMMMMMM????

Now the white folks acting like............Ah never mind!

What a
    4vgzki.gif
    CrazyWhiteBoy.jpg

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Always be aware of your surroundings. This kinda thing makes me think that driving a fast car and always armed might have some use in this town after all.
    There's ALWAYS a place for a powerful nimble vehicle (or a brutishly built one like the Mercedes G-Wagon or F350) and ram the fockers if it comes down it. I lean towards the speedy, nimble but the "tanks" have their rightful place.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Welcome Kimberly,
    We have a good group of men and women on here please feel free to ask any gun questions you might have for your stories.

Fisherman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    USA is becoming a third world country...we have approximately one more chance to save it

Republican in 0 10..we can sort out the differences later

Neither party is what it should be ..but the R's are the most fixable ...get them back to the right of center ..where they belong

We CAN survive

You're right. I was going to say a lot more but you nailed it.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I've dealt with a lot of criminals, most all of their momma's said they were innocent too. Funny how good my conviction rate is though!

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Alcohol and dope can make strangers out of friends sometimes ( I hear )

Ms Kim did a good job on the reporing of facts

Top Bottom