Guys that keep up with news

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aboatguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2013
    Snopes says its mostly true. "...
    Context
    The incident described in the viral Facebook post really did happen in May 2022. Police credited an unidentified woman who used a pistol with preventing a mass casualty incident. It’s also true, as far as we could ascertain, that CNN, NBC News, and MSNBC did not report on the shooting. However, we found several minor inaccuracies in the popular post, all of which we detail in the article below....."

quote from scope

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Snopes says its mostly true. "...
    Context
    The incident described in the viral Facebook post really did happen in May 2022. Police credited an unidentified woman who used a pistol with preventing a mass casualty incident. It’s also true, as far as we could ascertain, that CNN, NBC News, and MSNBC did not report on the shooting. However, we found several minor inaccuracies in the popular post, all of which we detail in the article below....."

quote from scope
    Just in case on the off chance that anyone actually uses snopes or any other fact check website to determine if something is true or not.... Please don't. Thank you.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Yes I heard about this one.

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    It made the news

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Screw snopes. “Several minor inconsistencies” so it’s not really true… snopes is about as bias as CNN.
    I wonder how long between the event and the articles above?

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    I saw this story on the AP. Most of the media aren't going to report it because the mayhem was prevented. Some will report it because the "hero" was a woman.

As to conflicting media reports, that happens with everything in life. Think of car wrecks described by eyewitnesses - they often disagree. It's not a reason to say the report is false. It may not be accurate, as the ever-evolving Uvalde story shows.

Top Bottom