H&k P7

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Does one have to just come to grips with the fact that one would have to give up a testicle and a gizzard to get one?

Seriously, where are the places that have reasonble (yes I realize they are discontinued and reasonable is relative) prices on P7's?

I saw CDNN had PSP's....

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    PSPs are fine if you don't mind the heel release and holsters being a little tougher to find. Keep your eye out on HKpro.com and Cult of the P7 and you'll find one in the $550 range. One or two pop up every week. I have a PSP and an M8. Just sold an M10.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    PSPs are fine if you don't mind the heel release and holsters being a little tougher to find. Keep your eye out on HKpro.com and Cult of the P7 and you'll find one in the $550 range. One or two pop up every week. I have a PSP and an M8. Just sold an M10.

Does the M8 have a thumb release?

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    The M8 has the standard ambidextrous magazine release like on most American pistols. But expect to pay $1500+ for that luxury. It nets me about one extra second on reloads when running my shot timer compared to the heel release on the PSP. (3 seconds vs. 4 seconds on average)

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    The M8 has the standard ambidextrous magazine release like on most American pistols. But expect to pay $1500+ for that luxury. It nets me about one extra second on reloads when running my shot timer compared to the heel release on the PSP. (3 seconds vs. 4 seconds on average)

I just pooped a little :p

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    My M10 sold for $3300. Here are some pictures of it before I sold it:

2538575819_38d60666e0.jpg

2537212692_d16a051b6e.jpg

2545556440_cdb5e402bb.jpg

dragginaknee

Gun Addict!!
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 7, 2006
    Northshore (north of Covington)
    That M10 is sweet!

I just purchased a PSP grade B and love it even tho I have not shot it! I need to find a holster for it.
    Mine only has a small amount of holster wear, but the inside of the gun doesnt even look like its been fired.
    Take your time and you will find 1 in good condition for $500-$650

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I recommend the Milt Sparks VMII if you can find one. If you just need something quick and cheap the Bladetech UCH holster works very good and are usually in stock at Top Gun Supply.

I have a Bladetech in used condition (wore it for about six months) I can sell. PM me if you are interested.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    That M10 is sweet!

I just purchased a PSP grade B and love it even tho I have not shot it! I need to find a holster for it.
    Mine only has a small amount of holster wear, but the inside of the gun doesnt even look like its been fired.
    Take your time and you will find 1 in good condition for $500-$650

Where did you get it?

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Cool. Snarf one up up, Joel, and we can start a Bayou Shooters/P7 owner club...:D

If mine will ever get back to me from the re-finisher, aroundlsu and I plan to get together and compare guns and notes.

He's right, in that the Sparks VMII is the gold standard for IWB concelament holsters. But if you DO manage to find one, it will cost you your first-born; or you can get in line and wait six months or more.

I settled for a relatively new maker (TT Gunleather) near-clone of the VMII, and have been very happy with it. I also stumbled across a new Kramer IWB in Ohio that I plan to sell; but it is for the M8.

Joel, if you still haven't scored one when my two eventually get here, we'll do the range thing and you can try it out. We still need to do that J-frame session, too, don't we?
    Dragginaknee, let us know if you're willing to drive over here for a get-together...

Ahem......:mamoru:

Yea, the last time we compared J frames, I wound up with one. I might as well just buy the P7 ahead of time right? :rofl:

I just found out dragginaknee live about 15 mins. from me. Maybe he want's to carpool :D

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I'm waiting on my PSP to come back from being refinished, too. Should be any day now. It's funny how Entergy bills seem to come in almost daily but damn gun stuff in the mail takes forever.

I've actually been lucky on the VM2s. Last month I had three of the suckers at once and actually ended up selling one. Right now I have a beautiful brand new matching holster and dual mag pouch in tan waiting on the PSP. I also picked up a set of Nill wood grips for the PSP. So I'll have a hard chrome P7 with dark wood grips and tan leather. Can't wait to see what that combination looks like. Makes me want to open carry!

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    We need to do a snobby Hk-only shoot! ;) I've been wanting to try one of those staple guns out. (probably a HUGE mistake, though! :D)

Dave

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    We need to do a snobby Hk-only shoot! ;) I've been wanting to try one of those staple guns out. (probably a HUGE mistake, though! :D)

Dave

Let's do it! I just wish I would have gotten a 416 upper while they were relatively affordable for the ultimate in snob factor.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I'll bring my ascot and grey poupon! We can sip Henry IV with our pinkies fully extended!! :rofl::rofl:
    And I'll bring some Milwaukie's Best if any Glock/AK people show up!:mamoru::mamoru:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    wadepat, it looks real clean. But something isn't "right"; its a P7 (not an M8), but the frame is marked "Trussville AL". AFAIK, they've only been in Trussville (fixing to move to Georgia, BTW) for ten years at most; and the P7 heeler has been out of production a lot longer than that. I know for a fact that HK was in Sterling, VA as late as 1990, because I was there going to an operator's course.

Again, all of the above is my understanding of the situation; I'm still new to P7s and am learning the little tidbits like this as I go. I could be totally wrong.

What I would do is make the same query on HKPro, show the link, etc. If there IS anything hinky about it, those guys will spot it right away.

Wouldn't $800 be a tad high?

wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    Thanks LSP I think Ill be waiting awhile anyways. I've been practicing a lot with my ultra and would have to sell it to buy another gun at that price. I'm going to do a lot more research and wait for one. while ccing the ultra
    thanks

Top Bottom