H&k vp9 and p30L?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Looking to pick up another handgun or two. All I have now is a few M&ps, but had a family member offer to sell me a couple of H&Ks. One being a VP9 and one a P30L. My main concern is reliability, 100%. Would anyone have any comments of either? He’s looking for $1000 for the pair with holsters, mags, night sites, box etc. I don’t want any picky guns.

hkump

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    You can't go wrong with H&K. If he's selling a VP9 and P30L for $1,000 jump on it. If you don't want them let me know and I'll take them.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    That's a screamin' deal. If you're not going to jump on that one immediately, I certainly will!

Both are incredible guns with great ergonomics and are extremely reliable. H&K is a premium brand, priced accordingly, and they'll eat anything. My VP9 has thousands of rounds (brass, steel, reloads, whatever) without so much as a hiccup. Friggin fantastic pistol. The P30L has a bit of a cult following from being the "Wick Stick" in all the John Wick movies.

Edit: if @Noob is around, he's got like 37 of each model and can give you a rundown.

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    You should totally pass. POS guns.... but forward me their information. I’ll help someone in need if they are hard up for money..

southerner985

sheepdog
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Norco
    I have a ton of Rounds through my vp9. Not sure how many a few cases (when you could 1000rd case for 189 bucks) never had an issue and still running like new.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Hk's in general like hot ammo, and under powered ammo on a new gun may have some malfunctions. But if you run 124gr in the p30, it'll shoot better than you can. That being said, the vp9 and the p30 look similar but the quality of the mold for their grip panels are slightly nicer on the P30. Both tanks, but if you want a gun that will set off a hard primer the striker fired gun can't, throw it in the p30. New back when the p30L was released, it was easily a 1k dollar gun with prices going as low as 850 in recent history. But it is a more expensive gun than the vp9. Vp9 is a solid gun, I think I had 4 of them but currently have 3. Something to be mindful of, the p30 has different variants for trigger/safety set up, but doesn't matter what set up it is, both for 1k with holsters and accessories is a no thinker, get it, sell one that you don't like, and enjoy. I'll give you 500 right now for the P30L

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    All of the replies are much appreciated! I’ll definitely pick them up and give them a try.

Noob, I’ll be sure to try different ammo through both and see what works best before carrying either.

I’ll also do more research on the whole ‘hammer vs striker’ deal

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I have a VP9 and a regular P30. Both are fantastic shooters.
    The VP9 is more fun to shoot due to the fine trigger.
    The P30 trigger in double-action takes a little getting used to, but it should get smoother after at least 1000 rounds(mine already has.)
    The barrels in both of them are made of cannon grade steel that will never wear out.
    You won’t regret that deal.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I run a p30 with light lem trigger, was a v3 that I converted. I ran all sorts of crap through it when I first got it..
    I really like them.
    I have a feeling you will as well.

IJS

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 30, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Excellent deal. Many people have already mentioned what great handguns those are and what a premium company HK is, so I'll leave it at that.

Newbomb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2021
    New Orleans
    I have and have had a lot of different handguns but my VP9 was my first and it is still what I keep next to my bed every night. ZERO issues with 1500 round through it.

Top Bottom