Handgun for an 11 year old ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maadi47

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    zachary,la
    Ruger sr22. Alot of issues with the p22 and it's about the same size and weight but the ruger is built better.
    I've let my stepson shoot my p22 and he had no problem with it. I wouldn't say Ruger sr22 is better it JUST hit the market. All they did was copy Walther much like they copied Kel Tec. Get whatever she feels comfortable with.

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    i had a mosquito and a p22 needless to say i only own a p22 now. the barrel is threaded on it also you just have to buy an adapter if you would want to put a can on it for her later.

also maybe try a 1911 9mm and put a 22 conversion in it. later one she could through the 9mm back on.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I let her hold a Walter P22 at the store the other day and she said it felt great in her hands. I just wasnt sure how well they held up and if it was hard to find mags and stuff for them. I will try to get to a store with more .22s in stock.

Joe Bob's has mags for the P22.
    Factory mags are $30, Keep Shooting brand mags are $20 or less if you buy 3 or more.

mariner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    Lafayette
    i had a mosquito and a p22 needless to say i only own a p22 now. the barrel is threaded on it also you just have to buy an adapter if you would want to put a can on it for her later.
    I had a Mosquito and a P22; needless to say I only have a Mosquito now. ;)

An 11-year-old can probably handle either of those. Get her the one she likes better, and don't worry about re-training later on a different pistol with different controls.

Top Bottom