hangun rentals

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    Well that was informative to say the least.. Turned into a beat down on Precision real quick. I'll put them low on the list. Now help me make a list...

Any other places that offer rental guns between B/R & Slidell ?

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I've never had a bad experience at Precision. Haven't really had any at other places either, come to think of it.

But what else would you expect from Mr. Nice Guy?
    thumbs-up-smiley.png
    Thats because attitude goes a long way.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Well that was informative to say the least.. Turned into a beat down on Precision real quick. I'll put them low on the list. Now help me make a list...

Any other places that offer rental guns between B/R & Slidell ?
    Now that you have everyone's input, maybe you should go and tell us your experience. I think that would be a great discussion.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    If you want try some guns out, there isn't much that's more convenient, just don't be surprised if you're left wondering what the hell you did to **** off the staff. As always, YMMV. I swear by a certain power sports dealer, but I've met some who refuse to go there.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I don't think that was necessary, even though you're entitled to your opinion and everything.

Precision is an excellent range that offers a variety of handguns to rent and shoot in their range.The staff has always been polite and informative to me.

You have to understand that a lot of their employees come from a military and/or law enforcement background so they're very straight with you. If they don't feel comfortable with something you might be doing, they'll say something. Otherwise they're very much willing to go over every little thing with you.

I had a friend tell me that a counter guy at Precision was unnecessarily rude while he was shooting there.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    FITS in Slidell

Fits in Slidell on Terrace Street off of Old Spanish Trail will rent handguns. I know they have several Glock models and several other pistols. Nice guys.

TomW

Recreational Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Prairieville, LA
    To the OP: Nick's in Gramercy has a nice range, outdoors. I have not been there in a while but they used to have rental guns also.

As for Precision, my .02 is that there is some validity to both claims here. Some of their staff are less "friendly" though seem to be no less professional when it comes to running that range. I have been there many times, when crowded and people are waiting on lanes as well as during less hectic moments. And I have bought 3 guns from them in the last year-15 months also. Several dozen trips and only once did I feel disrespected as a customer. I happen to know that that guy is ex-military, no-nonsense, so I just give him a pass for that one day. The rest of my visits were smooth sailing.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    To the OP: Nick's in Gramercy has a nice range, outdoors. I have not been there in a while but they used to have rental guns also.

As for Precision, my .02 is that there is some validity to both claims here. Some of their staff are less "friendly" though seem to be no less professional when it comes to running that range. I have been there many times, when crowded and people are waiting on lanes as well as during less hectic moments. And I have bought 3 guns from them in the last year-15 months also. Several dozen trips and only once did I feel disrespected as a customer. I happen to know that that guy is ex-military, no-nonsense, so I just give him a pass for that one day. The rest of my visits were smooth sailing.

Yea.. I don't get the whole military, ex- military thing.. I have freinds that are ex-military and I have friends that serve now.. I don't see them behaving any other way than respectful, courteouse, polite and professional.. This whole notion that because they are military or ex- military they should get a pass for bad manners doesn't rest well with me..

Are they not there to provide a service to the paying customer? If they do not realize that everyone coming through the door is not an ex- Green Beret, Navy Seal, Army Ranger, Marine Recon then they are totally stupid.. Most people that go to those places are spending hard earned money to have an enjoyable time, they are not firearms experts, and they are not there to be talked down to or belittled by some moron that thinks because he sports a tactical beard and works at a gun range he's a real badass. It's time to stop giving rude behavior a pass.. I don't care if they do now, or have worn a uniform in the past.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It seems to me that the only people Precision have been douchy to are the ones that shot their target tracks and walked out the door without saying anything about it.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Lol at people being offended. I must be an ******* or a terrible shot and an irresponsible ass because I had bad experiences with the staff there.

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Lol at people being offended. I must be an ******* or a terrible shot and an irresponsible ass because I had bad experiences with the staff there.

No, that's not what I said. But feel free to interpret it that way since it's only supposed to make guilty people respond.

I'll say this: The many times I've been there I've seen 99% of their customers treated with professional courtesy. Even the ones that were "Oh Hai I Ninja!" and the ones that were careless. It takes a special kind of person to get into the ignored/laughed at category (I've never seen it myself).

Last edited:

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I simply asked if it was the J-frame, at the time I didn't know much about the differences in S&W revolvers.

Going back and reading your post, I don't see how it could be taken any differently, since I fall into the category of "the only people Precision has been douchy to."

Last edited:

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Feel like I've been reading a male slap boxing contest for the last few posts.

What kind of guns were you looking to try OP many users on this site are very nice and probably wouldn't mind letting you see/possibly shoot their guns. It's always a great way to introduce someone to the gun community the right way :-).

I may be out shooting this weekend at bass pro if this sounds like something you might be interested in let me know. At least this way I could use it as an excuse to shoot some of the dust out of my bores.

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    Thanks for the offer Hattrick.. My son in law is looking for a small 9mm or .380. He has his own business and it would be used for close quarter self protection. I told him the best thing to do is find some different models and shoot them. He works a lot of hours and a rental would be the best route to go right now.

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Just picked up a Sig p938 9mm. Like it so far. Worth a look at least.

Your mention of your son in law's business got me thinking of my own small business...IRS write off...yeah right!

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I simply asked if it was the J-frame, at the time I didn't know much about the differences in S&W revolvers.

Going back and reading your post, I don't see how it could be taken any differently, since I fall into the category of "the only people Precision has been douchy to."

Well, I'd think that's funny too. I never got asked that question when I was selling guns, but I imagine I'd have probably tried hard to suppress a snicker then tried to explain. It's not a stupid question, but by golly I'd think it was intended to be a joke if someone was shopping revolvers then asked that question.

I'm sure it wasn't meant maliciously now but it's obvious neither side understood the other.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Isn't the point of having salespeople to help educate people before they make a purchase? Having only held one revolver at that point, is it really that far-fetched to think someone might not know how big one should be relative to other sizes? Or should I just never look into something I wasn't born with knowledge of?

eagle359

AARP Newbie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Terrytown, LA
    All I have to say is that if you are in the business of sales, pissing off your customer base is not a real good start. Why is it that the most complaints that I hear about any type of business tend to be gun shops? I have been in there twice and I am lukewarm about it.

Top Bottom