Happy Fourth

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Here's hoping everybody has a safe and happy Independence Day!

We're staying in this weekend, grilling burgers, swimming and watching war movies.

It's been raining so I might let the kids shoot fireworks. Last year they missed out because it was so dry.

:)

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    I finally replaced the worn out flag mount on my house. The new one is much better.

So in tribute:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6vwXbQZvJo&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6vwXbQZvJo&feature=related[/ame]

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    We just watched the fireworks from Lafreniere Park. A bit shorter and less dramatic than usual, but still nice. And free. And we can watch from my driveway... well, the upper half anyway...

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    Well u know how the old saying goes . What better way to celebrate the birth of out nation then blowing off a piece of it . Ive only spent like $60 this year . Keeping it cheap .

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    We drove to our friends in Ruston for finger food and to jam (most of us are musicians) and have good fellowship with our friends. I was having a bad pain day but really enjoyed the company and music even though I didn't play at all tonight. My one drink was when I got there at 7:30 so I was stone sober when I drove us home at 11:30. On the way home on I-20 we only passed one pair of cops with their lights on on the shoulder of the interstate. I guess they were wrapping up paperwork on someone they just turned loose.
    Hope y'all had as good or better a time. God bless all.

PS: As much as I love fireworks and guns, we are BIG time broke and even though we were literally 20' from one of the 4 Big fireworks stands adjacent to where we were, we didn't pop a single firecracker or fire any guns! Damn but I feel old! ;-)

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    We celebrate the 4th for a different reason. When I was a kid my Grandfather's birthday was on the 4th of July. 10 years ago today Cassie & I met at a fireworks display in Irvine, CA.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Do you have the artillery shells called Excalibur? They're supposed to be this year's biggest seller. We'll see.

Ian lit his first firework this afternoon. I held the punk at the end while he called himself lighting a smokeball by guiding the end to the fuse, actually just taking the wobble out of the punk. We graduated to the little firecracker army tanks that roll and a race car that whistled and did a wheelie.

He had a blast, so far. So I guess it was worth the trip. He got a bigger kick out of the ones we've done so far here than the ones at Disneyworld. :D

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Its raining here in Palm Beach so we are going to try and buy some fireworks and shoot them tomorrow. I think fireworks are illegal back in EBR parish.

Top Bottom