Hard and soft rifle case recommendations?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patriot1911

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Mandeville
    I have a non scoped rifle and am looking for both a hard and soft case. What tends to be the better brand for durability/ longevity? See a lot of mixed reviews.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I have a non scoped rifle and am looking for both a hard and soft case. What tends to be the better brand for durability/ longevity? See a lot of mixed reviews.

Pelican if you have money to burn and want the best.

Plano has nice hard cases for a more budget friendly option.

I also like Savior bags. They make nice soft cases that are inbetween Plano and Pelican in terms of cost.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have a couple different sizes of pelican cases. And they are great cases but heavy, so make sure you get a model with wheels. Also be mindful of width, some are so wide they may not fit in your trunk. I know my 1720 fits perfectly the width of my suv but my 1750 is about 1/2 inch too wide and I have to put it in my trunk at an angle.

Seadonist

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    River Ridge,LA
    SKB iSeries if you don’t mind taking out a second mortgage on your home. I have an SKB iSeries bow case. It’s heavy like the Pelican cases but your gear is super protected so you don’t have to worry about it getting banged up, especially if you ever have to take it on a flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have a couple of the older versions of the Plano All Weather Tactical Gun Cases, a 36 inch for an AR and a 42 inch for a shotgun. The quality seems pretty good and the have held up quite well so far. If you have the patience, you can also pick up some Fastcap Kaizen Foam and a utility knife and customize the case for your particular rifle. If you look around, there are some soft cases that are made to fit inside of a Pelican case for extra protection. The sizes of the Plano cases are pretty close to the sizes of the Pelican cases so some soft cases may also fit in the Plano cases as well.

71HOGu-mAeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Fastcap-Black-Kaizen-Foam-24-in-x-48-in-x-57-mm-FC-KF57-2X4-BL/301963621

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’m a big fan of the Plano tactical cases, especially when they go on sale with free shipping. I’ve bought a few and never paid over $60. Mine have held up for years now. They’ve recently changed the looks but the quality is still on par. Last big case I bought was for my FN FAL, a pelican Vault. The price was right and it’s tough enough. I’m not a fan of soft cases for scoped rifles.

Last edited:

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I have a Drago made for 2 ARs. Every zipper on that thing is broken. Super cheap and I will not buy again. Going to look into the Savior bags you guys mentioned, but I would strongly recommend against a Drago.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom