Have you looked for/found your lost property? $$$

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I spent today recovering property for family and friends, over $20,000 worth, and it is pretty amazing what is unclaimed out there. If you don't claim your assets the government will just use them...you know, to do stuff you're probably against if you're a decent person.

Since I cannot offer this service to members, I'll help you become aware of a couple tools used for asset recovery.

Here is one:

Another, for Louisiana specific:

There are others, but these are direct and easy.

Search your name, common misspellings of your name, your parent's names, mother's maiden names, and for deceased loved ones for whom you have a death certificate.

I'm trying to learn how to find land that was improperly sold, slow progress so far.

If you're a professional in Asset Recovery, a Landman, or *especially* a Residential or Commercial Property Appraiser in the Baton Rouge area...I need a mentor to get licensed, and I have no connections. If you've got some free time send me a message and let's chat.

Let me know if you find you find some treasure, it will make me happy to see your success!

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I usually check once a year to see if any funds pop up. About 5 years ago I did discover some monies and was happy to recover them. Everyone should check.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I got one friend $300, and then I found multiple "over $100" royalties for a former friend (I did inform them even though they are a former friend.) I uncovered a ton of stuff for the family of my best friend who recently died, a bunch of royalties, refunds, and other disbursements. I found a life insurance payment for another person, along with a bunch of other fees that their father never collected. Most of the money is pretty small, utility reimbursements, gift cards, cashier's checks, etc.

This kind of stuff is fun though, modern treasure hunting in a way lol.

When I see huge amounts, I try to contact the person who they are for which can be surprisingly challenging. I found $42,000 for a lady in Texas, but the address was an empty lot (home destroyed in Hurricane Harvey) and multiple casual searches yielded no results. I did not pull land records or anything, being that it's far away from me and I was just trying to track her down to be nice. The $42k is by far the most I've seen listed for a single reimbursement, though some places will only say "over $100", and it could be $1,000,000. I tried to contact the family of a lawyer in NOLA who died some years ago because they had 20+ "over $100" reimbursements and client fees, but I couldn't track down their family members and the phone numbers online were not active. The law office is now an AirB-n-B. I just couldn't justify spending more than 30mins-1hr searching for them.

Everyone should definitely check for their lost property!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’ve found a decent amount of treasure over the years, underground or otherwise forgotten, but none by this method. I’m known for being a tightwad, so I doubt there’s anyone out there who owes me money.

Top Bottom