Have you tried the Carnivore Diet or Raw Carnivore Diet?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have you tried the Carnivore Diet, or Raw Carnivore Diet?

• I'm a Carnivore.

Votes: 3 21.4%
    • I'm a Raw Carnivore.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • I tried Carnivore but it wasnt for me.

Votes: 1 7.1%
    • I tried Raw Carnivore but it wasn't for me.

• No, I researched it and it doesnt look like it's for me.

Votes: 5 35.7%
    • No freakin way, that sounds horrible!

Votes: 3 21.4%
    • I want to try it but I haven't sarted yet.

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Jordan Peterson, Mikhaila Peterson, and Joe Rogan have been bringing attention to the Carnivore Diet over the past several years. Mikhaila and Jordan are 5-6 years in. Jordan looks better than he has ever looked and Mikhaila was suffering tremendously with arthritis and autoimmune issues until she found the diet. They have made some solid, in my opinion, arguments for it.

Have you tried it?

If you have any tips for keeping the costs down and good clean sources of purely grass-fed Beef or Lamb will you share them?

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I'm going to eat a lot of ground beef on this diet...and I might end up buying a cow by the end of it.

I will end up eating Blueberries and Honey eventually but I am going to try for 2 weeks of just meat. Day 1 and I have not been this hungry in a long time...I've eaten half a pound of venison and 4 "servings" of beef sausage. Normally I eat for the first time at about 4pm, but I decided to eat at 9am and have been ravenous ever since.

Tonyaav

Tony
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Natchitoches ( outside of )
    It’s not hard. Beef, butter and bacon. Fish ..I did for 60 days with a few dairy slips. Now I’m more ketovore , I like the dairy, cheese cream etc. occasionally at peppers or lettuce.
    It’s the only way I’ll live from here on out.

You’re hungry —— eat more fat.

I’m sure you already have but watch dr. Ken berrys on YouTube.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    It’s not hard. Beef, butter and bacon. Fish ..I did for 60 days with a few dairy slips. Now I’m more ketovore , I like the dairy, cheese cream etc. occasionally at peppers or lettuce.

Thank you, I'll check it out. I def need more fat, will start eating fatty meats instead of lean.

Bone broth is on the stove, berlin' away.

The dog is really happy because he got a bone, but he doesn't realize that I stole his giant bag of frozen bones to make broth... lol!

High fat Dairy is considered OK on Carnivore but I think for now I'll go through an Elimination phase for a couple weeks.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Jordan Peterson, Mikhaila Peterson, and Joe Rogan have been bringing attention to the Carnivore Diet over the past several years. Mikhaila and Jordan are 5-6 years in. Jordan looks better than he has ever looked and Mikhaila was suffering tremendously with arthritis and autoimmune issues until she found the diet. They have made some solid, in my opinion, arguments for it.

Have you tried it?

If you have any tips for keeping the costs down and good clean sources of purely grass-fed Beef or Lamb will you share them?

While I have not done a strict carnivore diet, I have researched it a lot and decided that it just isn't for me. With that being said, I have done "Whole 30" a few times and have enjoyed it. Nowadays, we shoot to eat lean meats, organic vegetables, and organic fruits. It doesn't always work out with all the traveling I do, but when I'm at home that's the plan.

I've got a subscription to ButcherBox and have been consistently happy with the quality of the meat they ship. I get a shipment every 3-4 weeks and go to the store every 7-10 days to get veggies, fruits, and eggs.

I've contemplated buying quarter or half cows, but we eat a lot of fish, chicken, scallops, and occasionally pork where it wouldn't make sense to fill the deep freezer up with a ton of beef.

Happy to answer any questions you may have. I believe I have a referral link to BB, happy to PM if it helps.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'm going to eat a lot of ground beef on this diet...and I might end up buying a cow by the end of it.

I will end up eating Blueberries and Honey eventually but I am going to try for 2 weeks of just meat. Day 1 and I have not been this hungry in a long time...I've eaten half a pound of venison and 4 "servings" of beef sausage. Normally I eat for the first time at about 4pm, but I decided to eat at 9am and have been ravenous ever since.
    If you can go two weeks, I'd recommend waiting till week three to try adding things to it. You might not hit full keto until 7-10 days depending on what your diet has looked like the past few days. You'll really "feel" the diet between weeks 2 and 3.

I agree on the suggestion of adding fat, but also make sure you're drinking enough water. You might need more than what you're drinking as is.

Depending on how strict you want to go, it might be a good idea to throw in 2-4 eggs over lunch and have them with whatever meat you like.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana

I did a basic search on "dangers of Carnivore Diet" & Dr Berry popped up, subscribed now. His videos are great.
    While I have not done a strict carnivore diet, I have researched it a lot and decided that it just isn't for me. With that being said, I have done "Whole 30" a few times and have enjoyed it. Nowadays, we shoot to eat lean meats, organic vegetables, and organic fruits. It doesn't always work out with all the traveling I do, but when I'm at home that's the plan.

I've got a subscription to ButcherBox and have been consistently happy with the quality of the meat they ship. I get a shipment every 3-4 weeks and go to the store every 7-10 days to get veggies, fruits, and eggs.

I've contemplated buying quarter or half cows, but we eat a lot of fish, chicken, scallops, and occasionally pork where it wouldn't make sense to fill the deep freezer up with a ton of beef.

Happy to answer any questions you may have. I believe I have a referral link to BB, happy to PM if it helps.
    If you can go two weeks, I'd recommend waiting till week three to try adding things to it. You might not hit full keto until 7-10 days depending on what your diet has looked like the past few days. You'll really "feel" the diet between weeks 2 and 3.

I agree on the suggestion of adding fat, but also make sure you're drinking enough water. You might need more than what you're drinking as is.

Depending on how strict you want to go, it might be a good idea to throw in 2-4 eggs over lunch and have them with whatever meat you like.
    Thank you very much. Yeah, I think the eggs will be a big help. I'm really happy that Carnivore is so broad, seafood and eggs and all, as it will take a lot of pressure off of me after these first few weeks.

Caviar & Steak...it seems like everyone would want to be on this diet. lol

I'm trying it for inflammation reduction, haven't had healthcare or insurance in years, and while I've been pretty fit I've got some issues from car accidents and genetics that are slowly killing me. I'm trying to cut the issues out before they finish me off.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I did a basic search on "dangers of Carnivore Diet" & Dr Berry popped up, subscribed now. His videos are great.

Thank you very much. Yeah, I think the eggs will be a big help. I'm really happy that Carnivore is so broad, seafood and eggs and all, as it will take a lot of pressure off of me after these first few weeks.

Caviar & Steak...it seems like everyone would want to be on this diet. lol

I'm trying it for inflammation reduction, haven't had healthcare or insurance in years, and while I've been pretty fit I've got some issues from car accidents and genetics that are slowly killing me. I'm trying to cut the issues out before they finish me off.
    From when I did ultra-strict Whole 30, what I found helped the most was adding in berries and amping up the water/coffee intake.

Fatty fish like Salmon will also help keep you full. I'm a big fan of smoked salmon, just be careful to find some without a bunch of sugar unless you can make it yourself.
    Is high cholesterol a concern on this diet?
    Verdict is still out on that. For some people it may be, but not for everyone apparently.

From my research it sounds like the answer is to not eat a ton of ultra processed meats and stay closer to leaner cuts. Bacon and sausage isn't the answer.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    Thank you, I'll check it out. I def need more fat, will start eating fatty meats instead of lean.

Bone broth is on the stove, berlin' away.

The dog is really happy because he got a bone, but he doesn't realize that I stole his giant bag of frozen bones to make broth... lol!

High fat Dairy is considered OK on Carnivore but I think for now I'll go through an Elimination phase for a couple weeks.
    The way I operate:
    I buy lean ground beef, strictly 97/3 or 96/4 and add my own fat, either butter (unsalted) or avocado oil. Do not cook with olive oil.
    I buy lean ground because I want beef when I pay for beef. I buy mostly angus chuck roasts and make many preparations from them.
    For chicken I buy mostly thighs, both skin-on bone-in and skinless/boneless. Occasionally I buy 10-lb. bags of leg quarters and split the legs from the thighs and package separate. Once in a while I'll buy boneless/skinless breasts.

The only meat I keep in store packaging is ground beef. Everything else is broken down and vaccuum sealed in heavy portions, just smaller portions than they're purchased in.

I eat a lot of meat but I refuse to not eat vegetables and rice, and some potatoes. I eat a lot of vegetables.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Apparently it is not at all an issue, and based on studies from Japan before and after Americanization, the stroke rate decreases significantly with fatty meats added, and the recovery from stroke is increased.
    I apologize if you covered this question already: Are you gonna do blood work before starting this diet then again in a couple months?

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    My wife and I are not 100% on board, but after watching “FAT: A Documentary” and “FAT: A Documentary 2” we have tried a basic high fat, low carb diet and it has worked wonders for both of us. We aren’t even very strict about it but it’s still had great benefits for us. Before eating this way my cholesterol was through the roof and my doctor had me on a statin. Now my cholesterol is in the green and I have stopped taking big pharma’s poison.

Last edited:

Tonyaav

Tony
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Natchitoches ( outside of )
    Apparently it is not at all an issue, and based on studies from Japan before and after Americanization, the stroke rate decreases significantly with fatty meats added, and the recovery from stroke is increased.

Dr. Ken knows his stuff. People will call him an influencer but if you watch enough videos you’ll know he is living what he preaches.
    If you ever want to chat about anything you’re experiencing etc . Let know.

Remember- it’s not about what you get to eat. Food is just necessary. Recipes and all that’s a trap.
    Keep is as simple as possible.
    Fatty meats, fatty fish ( I love sardines) , full fat dairy.
    Eggs are key.
    Bacon is the best.
    Sour cream and cream cheeses mixed can replace a lot of condiments.

Your tastes will change.

The health part- I’m 6’3” 280 and losing with great blood work. Been doing this on and off for years. This time is for good.

Pay attention to thing like you blood sugar - you’re resting heart will lower.

My apologies, I get excited when I think about someone changing everting about the way they feel!

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I apologize if you covered this question already: Are you gonna do blood work before starting this diet then again in a couple months?
    I had bloodwork done last year, and from my own research it looked pretty bad but the NP I saw didn't flinch. I mean, we're talking Medicaid and a doctor's office in the ghetto & the person they saw before me was a prostitute, so I wasn't exactly in the most upstanding place or around people who particularly cared about someone like me from what I could tell. The prostitute wanted to chat but the staff called me into the office before so she only got to holler at me in the hallway, she seemed to care about me. lol

Hopefully, in a few months, I'll have insurance and can see a normal Dr with less than a 6-10+mo wait. If that happens I'll get bloodwork and match it up to what I had before.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I hope I get explosive diarrhea like Rogan did, rather than stuck-constipation. Apparently that part only lasts a couple of weeks & it's because the colon is changing the way it works.

I realized that I'm going to have to "cheat" a little because of some of the food we just bought the other day, but I'll settle into Beef, Salt, and Water to do the Elimination phase after a week or so.

Today was venison, beef, lots of salt, and (3) frozen blueberries.

I've never intentionally eaten Beef fat, it has always grossed me out, but tonight I ate a bunch and it wasn't so bad. Salt is a beautiful thing....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom