Have you tried the Carnivore Diet or Raw Carnivore Diet?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have you tried the Carnivore Diet, or Raw Carnivore Diet?

• I'm a Carnivore.

Votes: 3 21.4%
    • I'm a Raw Carnivore.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • I tried Carnivore but it wasnt for me.

Votes: 1 7.1%
    • I tried Raw Carnivore but it wasn't for me.

• No, I researched it and it doesnt look like it's for me.

Votes: 5 35.7%
    • No freakin way, that sounds horrible!

Votes: 3 21.4%
    • I want to try it but I haven't sarted yet.

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I had bloodwork done last year, and from my own research it looked pretty bad but the NP I saw didn't flinch. I mean, we're talking Medicaid and a doctor's office in the ghetto & the person they saw before me was a prostitute, so I wasn't exactly in the most upstanding place or around people who particularly cared about someone like me from what I could tell. The prostitute wanted to chat but the staff called me into the office before so she only got to holler at me in the hallway, she seemed to care about me. lol

Hopefully, in a few months, I'll have insurance and can see a normal Dr with less than a 6-10+mo wait. If that happens I'll get bloodwork and match it up to what I had before.
    I’ll definitely be following along to see how it goes for you. I know this diet has been life changing for some people and I hope you get the positive results as well.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I’ll definitely be following along to see how it goes for you. I know this diet has been life changing for some people and I hope you get the positive results as well.
    Thank you, day 1 and my fingers haven't tingled all day. I must have eaten 2-3lbs of raw and cooked salted meat and fat and I'm not even gassy...after being gassy for years! I'm already impressed.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Have you tried the dog food diet?

I was at Walmart buying a bag of dog food. A woman behind me in the check-out line asked if I had a dog. (I mean, why else would I buy dog food, right?)

On impulse I told her "No, I don't have a dog. I'm starting the dog food diet again. I probably shouldn't because I ended up in the hospital last time. I lost 50 pounds before I woke up in intensive care with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms."

I told her that the dog food diet is essentially a perfect diet, and simple to boot. "All you do is load your pockets with food nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is very nutritious. So, I'm going to try it again."

By this time everyone in line was paying attention to my story.

Horrified, this lady asked if I ended up in ICU because the dog food poisoned me. "No," I told her. "I stepped off a curb to sniff a poodle's ass and a car hit me.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    lol @ Blackhawk, I'm sure there were some laughs and eye rolls at that lol.

I had the best poop I've had in months...just a good morning TMI. Day one probably doesn't count. lol

MikeBurke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2017
    Delcambre, LA
    I am 18 months in to a diet/lifestyle change and am very pleased with the results.
    I lost around 35 pounds of fat and put on muscle.
    A1C went from pre-diabetic 5.8 to 5.2
    HDL rose from 37 to 57
    Triglycerides fell from 121 to 58
    Blood pressure was averaging 145/90 is now 120/80

I eat lots of fatty red meat, eggs, bacon.
    I eat some leafy vegetables like cabbage, right now I am on a lettuce wedge blue cheese bacon kick.
    Everyday I will eat pecans roasted in butter, blue berries, and black berries, all in moderation (less than a 1/2 cup.)
    Sharp cheddar cheese every day.

I do not eat any kind of sugar (other than the little in the berries), no rice, no vegetable oils, no potatoes, stay away from nightshades.

Mostly do not eat any processed garbage. Simple one ingredient foods.

60 years old, no longer on any medicine, feel great, and am stronger than I have been in years.

One year apart

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I am 18 months in to a diet/lifestyle change and am very pleased with the results.
    HDL rose from 37 to 57

I eat some leafy vegetables like cabbage, right now I am on a lettuce wedge blue cheese bacon kick.
    Everyday I will eat pecans roasted in butter, blue berries, and black berries, all in moderation (less than a 1/2 cup.)

I do not eat any kind of sugar (other than the little in the berries), no rice, no vegetable oils, no potatoes, stay away from nightshades.

60 years old, no longer on any medicine, feel great, and am stronger than I have been in years.

One year apart

Wow, you look great!

One thing that I see consistently in every video and person I see on a high-fat meat-based diet...their skin looks really healthy and clear!

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I just ate a plate full of diced, salted, and crispy beef fat and muscle...fried in beef fat with salt. Aside from being oilier than I already am (good luck holding me in a wrestling move, I'm one of those "slippery people"...literally. If I was an adult in the 70-80s Jeri-curl would have offered me a job as an oilman), this is the most delicious diet I've ever heard of. :D

Tonyaav

Tony
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Natchitoches ( outside of )
    HDL rose from 37 to 57

One year apart

Nice work.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    ...and yet on a really depressing and stressful day, I'm over here craving Glazed Donuts. I haven't had a donut in a long time, this is my body playing games with my brain. Bad body, no donut!

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I'm losing too much weight, might not be able to afford to gain weight on beef only. I guess it's time to find out if I'm really lactose intolerant.

I'm back at my 23yr old prime boxing weight, with none of the effort or desire lol. I was already weight-down because I was eating Weight Watchers with my fiance since I'm the chef.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    It will take about 2lbs of 70/30 ground beef per day for me to break even (apx 2800cal) and not lose weight. Now I'm a lot more comfortable, that's about $10/day of good quality meat. I'm going to get custom ground beef from a local rancher, about 50/50, and I added Heavy Cream to my diet today. Last week the cream would have had my stomach boiling, would have been farting like crazy, and had me feeling like garbage...I guess my gut is healing, so far so good. I have had a 1/2cup of cream in the last 2 hours and seem fine so far. I'll feel it out for the rest of the day and decide tomorrow if that will remain a part. It's amazing how good that cream tasted though, lol.

I've been eating cooked and raw meat, fat, and eggs. Raw liver was freakin' nasty though, I'm not there yet lol.

I had my first dream in years, that I remembered into consciousness anyway, and I fall asleep faster than ever.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I had my first dream in years, that I remembered into consciousness anyway, and I fall asleep faster than ever.
    I started having dreams again a couple years ago when I stopped drinking fluoride poisoned water and stopped using fluoride poisoned tooth paste. Some of them very vivid. Way more vivid than any dreams I’ve had my entire life. A definite huge pro of deciding to stop putting fluoride into my body.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    It will take about 2lbs of 70/30 ground beef per day for me to break even (apx 2800cal) and not lose weight. Now I'm a lot more comfortable, that's about $10/day of good quality meat. I'm going to get custom ground beef from a local rancher, about 50/50, and I added Heavy Cream to my diet today. Last week the cream would have had my stomach boiling, would have been farting like crazy, and had me feeling like garbage...I guess my gut is healing, so far so good. I have had a 1/2cup of cream in the last 2 hours and seem fine so far. I'll feel it out for the rest of the day and decide tomorrow if that will remain a part. It's amazing how good that cream tasted though, lol.

I've been eating cooked and raw meat, fat, and eggs. Raw liver was freakin' nasty though, I'm not there yet lol.

Random stream of thoughts:
    1) 2800 calories is on the higher end of "breaking even" - are you hella active?

2) Be careful with raw meats. A lot of folks hype up eating raw food, but there is a reason people started cooking things - to prevent serious illness. I looked into the raw liver thing and I just couldn't find anything legitimate that justified eating it raw vs eating 5-10% more of it, cooked.

3) It might also be a good idea to look into adding fiber to your diet.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Random stream of thoughts:
    1) 2800 calories is on the higher end of "breaking even" - are you hella active?

2) Be careful with raw meats. A lot of folks hype up eating raw food, but there is a reason people started cooking things - to prevent serious illness. I looked into the raw liver thing and I just couldn't find anything legitimate that justified eating it raw vs eating 5-10% more of it, cooked.

3) It might also be a good idea to look into adding fiber to your diet.
    If I get plugged up I'll eat some fiber, but so far so good...actually WAY better than the previous diet, in that there is nothing to wipe...seems to just come out very cleanly. lol TMI central....

I agree with cooked vs raw. I'll only eat fresh-raw, but once it's thawed in the fridge for a day or two I'll no longer eat raw.

That liver was so gross, I'm not going to eat it raw for sure...I tried a piece and I couldn't swallow it. Maybe once my taste buds adjust, but I'll just cook it lol.

I'm going to end up meat, mushroom, and fruit centered, no veg, and maaaybe some nuts but that might be a gastric irritant for me.

Being sleepy for once is so nice, still getting used to that after years of chronic insomnia.

I miscalculated that calories, need about 2400cal to break even on a normal day and 2800 if I work outside. Hopefully, I don't drop below 138.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I have to give you guys some credit, as it is due. I read this thread and it got me thinking, so I decided to try my hand at a protein centered diet. I started last Thursday in earnest, stopped eating anything boxed, no more bread, cereal, potatoes, pasta, rice, or starchy veggies. No cookies, crackers, chips, or anythung like that. Trying to get away from processed crap food. So basically meat, eggs, cheese, Greek yogurt and some green veggies. Not going zero carb, but making an effort to make sure the protein heavily outweighs the carbs.

What a difference, just in these 5 days. I was feeling bloated all the time, and I had some non physical damage related pain all the time. I'm very overweight, like I need to lose 100 lbs. I'm down 8lbs since last Monday, which is reassuring that I am making a positive change. I feel much better, less joint pain, less nerve pain (I have injuries to my discs, so some pain remains as it always will) and less bloating. I notice much less cravings, I just get hungry at or around mealtimes and after eating mostly protein I feel not hungry. So no need to stuff my face with snacks and crap. No 2pm slump, no sugar high feelings either. I feel good/normal after I eat, which was not always the case. I can imagine my calorie intake is less, as I am not eating a huge amount at any one time.

I'm going to try to source more wild meat, as I would love to give that a try. I don't hunt, mainly cause I'm busy and lazy, no other reason. Might have to get a buddy to show me the ropes on that.

Adding in some exercise is next, since I am feeling better, cardio and resistance. Post covid I do feel reduced lung function, and the laziness has caused me to lose some strength. I'm not a weak guy, and I am pretty active, just fat. Just been too busy to take care of myself, which is a shame as that really should be priority one.

Anyways, I wanted to share my experiences so far, and thank you guys for sharing yours.

Last edited:

MikeBurke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2017
    Delcambre, LA
    Jdindadell,

Congratulations!!!!

A couple of comments.

Don’t think of this as a diet with a weight goal, think of it as a lifestyle.

You may have some sugar withdrawal symptoms, but they pass soon enough.

Work your way to two meals a day and eat both meals in a 5-6 hour window.

Don’t be afraid of fats. Your body needs fat and it help keep you full. Eat enough Omega 3 as compared to Omega 6 fats.

Stay away from seed oils like canola, cottonseed, soybean, etc. Olive oil is OK, butter is better substitute.

Good luck in your journey.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    "Eat Your Vegetables!"
    ~Nate Diaz
    nate-diaz-hero.jpg

Last edited:

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    One of the major reasons I'm dedicated to consistently eating vegetables is the shape of our teeth. That fart really stinks. Our teeth are designed for grinding, pulverizing vegetables, as any herbivore, and to go along with that it stands to reason that our bodies are designed to benefit from vegetables most. We don't have teeth like sharks, dogs/cats, most fish, etc.
    We as humans are converted carnivores.

I'm not knocking an all-meat diet. I see obvious improvements and the proof is always in the pudding.

I eat meat/flesh of many types myself, but I will always eat the plant stuff. Call me grazy!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom