HB 13 How They Voted Posted Now

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Right b/c they were PRESENT at the start. :rolleyes:

It's quite shitty when they do it too. You'll go up there with a "clean" Bill, that hurts no one; and you'll have the guys' vote before the meeting starts, and after many minutes of testimony; there is a puff of smoke on his chair as the Question is called.

All because he/she didn't want to go on record or offend a big money lobby who may have been opposed for whatever the reason.

I lost a HUGE one like that in the 90's. And bought the audio tape of the entire meeting just so I could remind myself how shitty going up there can be sometimes.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Just for the record, I sent the following email to the entire black delegation in the Criminal Justice Committee two days ago. And would you believe; got not response from ANY of them. :hs: ......... :mamoru:

Representative Landry,

While regularly watching the live committee meetings when measures pertain to firearms, I notice that you are often opposed to any measures that would allow more access or lesson the burdens to obtain firearms for Louisianans. Why do you deny that same accessibility to YOUR constituents? Don’t you think that the vast majority of your constituents in your district are responsible law abiding citizens that have the same Right to defend themselves and enjoy the Rights of the 2nd Amendment as anyone else in Louisiana?

For instance; to obtain everything needed to carry concealed with a life time permit, good pistol, good holster, good belt, finger prints, passport photos, CHP class, ammo for CHP class, carry ammo, permit cost, stamps, envelopes, time, etc. If you were making $10 an hour, that is a HUGE expense, probably a month's pay. It just seems crazy that some claim to fight for the poor while putting legal self defense further out of the grasp of the poor. On gun measures, it is appearing that the black delegation is more opposed to black Louisianans having gun Rights for themselves than supporting them in the name of gun safety!

Please consider these points when the next pro-gun, pro-Rights, pro-Louisianan firearms bill comes before you.

Sincerely,

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yea you'll get no response from that.....lol

Well here's to the black delegation as it pertains to firearms Legislation:

"Babe I've got my pride. Somehow I will survive! My heart keeps learning and I Don't know which is worse; But one thing that I know - Truth hurts"

Deep Purple - Slaves and Masters (1990)

:rockon:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Just for the record, I sent the following email to the entire black delegation in the Criminal Justice Committee two days ago. And would you believe; got not response from ANY of them. :hs: ......... :mamoru:

swagger-jacker_design.png

Plagiarism!

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Take a look at this reply from Brown....

"

Today at 2:10 PM

Good afternoon --
    Thank you so much for your email. I appreciate your concerns and want you to know that I am a strong supporter of 2nd Amendment rights. Thank you for your interest in the legislative process.

With kindest regards,

Terry R. Brown
    State Representative
    District 22
    510 Main Street
    Colfax, LA 71417
    Office: (318) 627-5153
    Toll Free: (855) 261-6566
    Fax: (318) 627-5155
    browntr@legis.la.gov

According to the Official Count, Brown didn't VOTE!

Right? :doh:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    swagger-jacker_design.png

Plagiarism!

Do you realize the honor I bestowed upon you? The fact that I, an incredible wordsmith myself, was so moved by your point that I would actually steal it from you?

Now, before you get all high and mighty on yourself, remember that none of them were as moved by the words. However, I may be able to concede that my addition might have had something to do with that too! :dunno: I just think they are cowards!

And, I would say, you should thank me!
    :ohreally:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

Wow....Thanks pretty damned awesome, Sir. :dogkeke:

Isn't it nice to know the former head of LSP (Landry) is so anti-us?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Wow....Thanks pretty damned awesome, Sir. :dogkeke:

Isn't it nice to know the former head of LSP (Landry) is so anti-us?

Heat, I think there is some confusion. This is a little more inside between Jack and I. It pains me to say, but Jack had a good point in another thread and I made the mistake of acknowledging it. :mamoru:

When I actually used it in my email I am sure Jack went;

"Cha-ching!"

However, I accept your thanks! In my daily routine, I am sure I did something for you too!

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Heat, I think there is some confusion. This is a little more inside between Jack and I. It pains me to say, but Jack had a good point in another thread and I made the mistake of acknowledging it. :mamoru:

"Cha-ching!"

However, I accept your thanks! In my daily routine, I am sure I did something for you too!

Yeah, I know- but it made me laugh, just the same. :D

Anyway- I wonder if Uncle Mike knew Landry's beliefs on the gun issue when he appointed him to that lofty position, back in the day....?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Do you realize the honor I bestowed upon you? The fact that I, an incredible wordsmith myself, was so moved by your point that I would actually steal it from you?

Now, before you get all high and mighty on yourself, remember that none of them were as moved by the words. However, I may be able to concede that my addition might have had something to do with that too! :dunno: I just think they are cowards!

And, I would say, you should thank me!
    :ohreally:

Sir, if a ruffian were to rip your time piece from your wrist would you thank him for admiring it's luster? I think not! I consider myself to be a humble man and would be willing to forgive this slight with the agreement that later copies feature a link to the post in the footnotes and an introduction prior to the quote notating that it comes from "The Jack of Bayoushooter.com"

Thank you

:dogkeke:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

"Cha-ching!"

I'm amazed you haven't edited out like a sports prediction :D

- - - Updated - - -

"Cha-ching!"

I'm amazed you haven't edited out like a sports prediction :D

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Sir, if a ruffian were to rip your time piece from your wrist would you thank him for admiring it's luster? I think not! I consider myself to be a humble man and would be willing to forgive this slight with the agreement that later copies feature a link to the post in the footnotes and an introduction prior to the quote notating that it comes from "The Jack of Bayoushooter.com"

Thank you

:dogkeke:

Top Bottom