Hb 529

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vsound

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    What happened with the bill? I wasn't able to watch the committee hearing, and the website has been down since yesterday afternoon.

ReilleysMom32

Drunkie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    NOLA
    What? No gun if you're riding a motorcycle? What ******** is that? You would think common sense would dictate that if a LEO approaches you, he would see you try to pull it out moreso than if you were in a vehicle...

Let me know what happens.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I am sure my CHP instructor will be interested in this because he is an avid cycle enthusiast!

That proposed law is flat out stupid and I hope it dies a horrible death...

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    mark edward marchiafava wrote: After reading HB259 about carrying on motorcycles, I just had to call. As a motorcyclist AND an open carry proponent, this hit home. Here's what representative Nickie Monica had to say.
    He admitted there's a difference between a right and a privilege. Yes, bearing arms IS a right and not a privilege. He admitted it was at the request of a DEPUTY sheriff he even introduced this bill. I asked him if this deputy swore an oath to UPHOLD and DEFEND the state constitution. If so, how can a deputy VIOLATE his oath of office and NOT be punished?
    Basically, this deputy didn't like the idea of us lowly citizens getting off a motorcycle, armed. Well, as I told Nickie, if a citizen has a CCW, it's legal !!! If it's being openly carried, that's legal, too !!! Nickie's concern was about those who DON'T have a permit. I reminded him of LRS 14:95 which already deals with that. I told him there's absolutely NO need for any ADDITIONAL gun laws.
    Unlike 99.9999999% of Louisiana's politicians, this one actually seems to have some common sense. I've got a note to call him back next week to see if he's going to withdraw this blatantly unconstitutional bill before it even begins to see the light of day.

Psychic Bacon

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 17, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Update: I just got off the phone with the Legislature's PULS line, where they tell you the status of bills, and the lady I spoke to said that this was going to be brought up again tomorrow, May 13.

Top Bottom