HB 68 in committee???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I cannot read gunslingers post, and can find no confirmation in the committee debate schedules. Anyone able to read his post, or know what he is talking about?

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Okay, now his thread has disappeared. Anyway, all I could read was his title stating that HB 68 was still alive in Committee. If anyone has an info confirming, I'm sure the class would love to know...

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    LC is the most plugged in guy I know about this stuff, so if he hasn't heard about it, I'm gonna have to go with: "cite or it didn't happen..." :D

gun_slinger2006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Ponchatoula
    Had probs getting onto the site. When I went to submit, only the title went through. Called B.R. yesterday (5/9/08 ; 16:35 ) asked about HB 68 and was told the bill is still in committee. I've noticed when they "withdraw" a bill, status says "withdraw from the files of the house". Status on HB 68 is " refered to criminal justice committe". Hope I'm wrong. Did not ask about 78, guess it's the same.

Last edited:

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    You spoke with a government employee that just told you whatever was the easiest for them instead of tracking down the current or correct information?

I'm shocked!
    icon_smile_wink.gif

gun_slinger2006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Ponchatoula
    You spoke with a government employee that just told you whatever was the easiest for them instead of tracking down the current or correct information?

I'm shocked!
    icon_smile_wink.gif

Your most likely correct and I hope you are. I will stay vigilant though, as we all should.
    I will also be joining and contributing to LA.org. on monday.

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    He is correct that it does not show withdrawn. :(

http://www.legis.state.la.us/billdata/bytype.asp?sessionid=08RS&billtype=HB&startno=51
    http://www.legis.state.la.us/billdata/bytype.asp?sessionid=08RS&billtype=HB&startno=76
    http://www.legis.state.la.us/billdata/History.asp?sessionid=08RS&billid=HB68

However, it is not to be found on any of the debate schedules, and he did pull it off of Thursdays schedule.

NRA-ILA said:
    The House Administration of Criminal Justice Committee was scheduled to hear arguments for House Bill 68 and House Bill 78, both sponsored by State Representative Cedric Richmond (D-New Orleans). Earlier today, Representative Richmond decided to pull both bills out of the committee and it is anticipated that they won’t be heard this session.

Perhaps he did not officially withdraw it, as it sounds there like it could be resubmitted. Maybe he is just leaving his doors open :confused:
    LC, what are your thoughts? I was very happy that it got pulled, and now I'm back to being freaked out. :wtc:

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    The legis web site is one of the best in the country, but it is deficient when it comes to timely updates.

I have little doubt they will eventually get around to updating the info.

Remember, you are dealing with the .gov here.

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    That is what I was hoping. Still, gunslinger is right. We must remain vigilant. Do you know when this session is over?

Top Bottom